Will 32 player games make a comeback?

DOS4/GW

I'm aware that the current line up of maps would probably be too crowded with 32 players, with the possible exception of Gorge, but once we get a few bigger maps up will it be a possibility?

Daphinicus

Private Tester
We ARE working on at least a couple maps built on a larger scale than anything yet seen in the game, planning them for 10v10. Which isn't exactly 16v16, but it's definitely farther up there.

DOS4/GW

Awesome news. Huge maps would be great; they'd put a much larger emphasis on chasing as opposed to just meeting the flag carrier at his base all the time.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Expect most of our future CTF development to revolve around 7v7-10v10 sized games.

From the horse's mouth, right there.

To my knowledge (and I've been wrong about many things before), we're likely to shy away from maps that are bigger than 10v10, since the value of every player goes down as the player count goes up. In our efforts to build bigger maps, we need to keep in mind that bigger isn't instantly better; the maps need to be designed so that teams need those extra players to be effective. There's a difference between a map that can hold 20 players, and a map that plays best with 20 players.

Propkid

I'd LOVE to see a 4v4 mapset/server, but a 10v10 is already pushing it slightly... 32 man games were fun only on DM, otherwise there was far too much chaos... though I'd love to see a 32 man Arena gamemode, I'm against the idea

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
I'd LOVE to see a 4v4 mapset/server,

8 player server + Niv and Moonshine in rotation = 4v4 server and maps. Everyone knows Niv and Moonshine can only fit 5v5 at best. Bad maps are bad.

Also coming from a BFBC2 background now and having the experience of their 4v4 servers I actually think that could be fun. Though I use the word "fun" connected with Niv and Moonshine very loosely.

... though I'd love to see a 32 man Arena gamemode, I'm against the idea
Would be fine if it was elimination, with a player from each team randomly matched with an opposing player. Winner advances. First team to be wiped out loses.
Dead people can play FFA DM outside the arena, with stands that allow you to see into the arena.
Oh, and honeycombs around the whole arena. :p