Why the lagg

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBreezy

Just checkin back to see if anyone ever found a solution or if the problem is still going on, cause it is for me

I get this very frequently. Usually more than once a minute. The lag can last for over 30 seconds sometimes. It really makes the Justice servers unplayable for me.

Pure4Pwnge

Yeah, I'm getting very random spikes/packet drops. 60-70 ping to around 500 ping for around 20 seconds then gone. Then it comes again. Hasn't occurred today or yesterday.

deathtard

Well, I said before in this thread that I had this issue, but I just found out that the cable lines in my area have been screwed up for months without being repaired... So maybe look into that as an reason.

Lin

just to say, i used to get this all the time on hotswap servers, but not so much now. maybe once every 5 games.

i get lag sometimes, but its nothing more than a short 2 meter rubber band here and there, doesn't really ruin playing. Seems to be happening more and more tho.

Lin

Sometimes I'll log in and get these terrible stutters ever 5 seconds or so that send me back to where i was like half a second ago, but with half the speed and energy I had then. It usually fixes itself after changing servers, but its still gamebreaking for whatever server happens to act up. Is that lagg or a computer issue?

A2

Sometimes I'll log in and get these terrible stutters ever 5 seconds or so that send me back to where i was like half a second ago, but with half the speed and energy I had then. It usually fixes itself after changing servers, but its still gamebreaking for whatever server happens to act up. Is that lagg or a computer issue?
Mostly internet lag, I think.

Well, I said before in this thread that I had this issue, but I just found out that the cable lines in my area have been screwed up for months without being repaired... So maybe look into that as an reason.

That wouldn't explain the fact that every other server works fine BESIDES the Justice ones. I can play Euro, NJ, and even the Asian server without this problem. I believe they've found what the problem is (or where the general problem lays), but it's something that's not easy to fix.

GReaper

Grumpy
Traceroute/pingplotter results please. Far too many people are posting "me too" which is why this issue isn't being sorted sooner.

No real bug reports = issue never gets fixed.

Hannibal

This is the exact same problem as the "client freeze bug" thread. It has been a known issue for a while now.
Four days ago it appeared to have magically fixed itself, the next day it was back. It's exactly as Fire describes, the problem is only on the US servers and it began the day of the switch to said servers for me.
It happens to quite a few people but they don't appear to be coming out about it..

Happy hunting, devs. :[
my pingplotter can be found in "client freeze bug" thread http://forums.legionsoverdrive.com/threads/client-freeze-bug.1321/
nothing has changed.

35143458.png

Ragol

This is the exact same problem as the "client freeze bug" thread. It has been a known issue for a while now.
Four days ago it appeared to have magically fixed itself, the next day it was back. It's exactly as Fire describes, the problem is only on the US servers and it began the day of the switch to said servers for me.
It happens to quite a few people but they don't appear to be coming out about it..

Happy hunting, devs. :[
my pingplotter can be found in "client freeze bug" thread http://forums.legionsoverdrive.com/threads/client-freeze-bug.1321/
nothing has changed.

Yeah I've posted my Pingplotter results in this thread as well, but like Hannibal said, we seem short on reports compared to how many people are affected.

The problem did seem to go away last week Thurs-Fri, but resumed again sometime early Saturday. I didn't think to get another Pingplotter report while it was working though. I wonder what changed?

Any updates on this issue?

geethwh

Try do a pingtest on these websites, and post your results. There will be a option for a Forum Direct Link, just copy into post. For ex:
32906126.png

PingTest

here is my ping test result. i got it from here whoisxy
Pinging cooltamil.com [64.64.4.118] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 64.64.4.118: bytes=32 time=51ms TTL=52
Reply from 64.64.4.118: bytes=32 time=53ms TTL=52
Ping statistics for 64.64.4.118:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 51ms, Maximum = 53ms, Average = 51ms