Who would like to see Blade Run return?

Who would like to see Blade Run return?

• Total voters

only1Bravo

Private Tester
I could try to fix it up.

But I know it will end in me wiping it clean and starting a new map.

Honestly, Blade Run makes Legions look bad... and that says a lot.

Karnage

Private Tester
I could try to fix it up.

But I know it will end in me wiping it clean and starting a new map.

Honestly, Blade Run makes Legions look bad... and that says a lot.
So, I guess it's you who is blocking the release of Blade Run? Maybe you and Mabel? What happened to all that stuff about not being an oligarchy but being there to serve the community and whatnot? The community has spoken, if you look at all the polls, etc. MOST of us love it. Why not release it? What harm can it do? After all people don't HAVE to play on it if they don't like it. There are enough servers up for them to be able to choose now. Some transparency would be nice here. Help us understand.

Homingun

Hopefully something comes out of this poll. If you haven't realized it already, maps aren't necessarily put into rotation based on how much the community likes them.

only1Bravo

Private Tester
I've never previously mentioned my opinions toward Blade Run (or any map) towards the other developers or the community, and I certainly wouldn't support withholding content from the community if it suits its needs.

I personally have no control over what maps are used at all -- that falls under the control of leads.

The thing with Blade Run is that very soon it's going to be obsolete regardless, once the new changes go live. I don't have the time to make the changes necessary, nor do the rest of the developers as far as I am aware.

Fortunately for all of you there are a handful of new maps in the pipeline that should freshen up Legions a bit.

Karnage

Private Tester
I've never previously mentioned my opinions toward Blade Run (or any map) towards the other developers or the community, and I certainly wouldn't support withholding content from the community if it suits its needs.

I personally have no control over what maps are used at all -- that falls under the control of leads.

The thing with Blade Run is that very soon it's going to be obsolete regardless, once the new changes go live. I don't have the time to make the changes necessary, nor do the rest of the developers as far as I am aware.

Fortunately for all of you there are a handful of new maps in the pipeline that should freshen up Legions a bit.
Okay, thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Heartsong

I believe he's pointing out that Gorge, AKA "*chocolate cookies* Pit", is god-awful.

I'm pretty sure that Gorge is the most loved Legions map ever. I assume that this is because of the pioneering, super awesome, and well loved jump pads that the map brought with it.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Yes, we knew that. But we need to keep the original maps in this game. Remember what happened to Gorge?

We don't NEED to keep the old maps that were in legions. As Bravo just said, he doesn't have time to fix it. He also said that the new maps would totally over-show a map such as bladerun. Why do we need to keep it?

And Apc is right in his post, people will play it and realize how bad it is again. Its happened with many other maps.

moonshine core lol

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
The thing with BladeRun is that I think it could fit into the scope of the new game assets, it'll definitely need some modifications/alterations, but I think out of all the missing maps it has the most potential.

Edit: I'll see if I can arm wrestle GReaper into bringing it back!

GReaper

Grumpy
Blade Run currently doesn't work that well with what we've got at the moment. Most games seem to be on FrostByte and Zenith, which work pretty well with 7v7 or similar sizes. Larger maps such as Blade Run require more people to add to the fun, but without things like base assets and all other sorts of things which should be coming soon, it can get boring pretty quickly.

I'll see if I can spend some time getting it up and running again.