Which should be the default option for LR fire mode?

Which should be the default LR fire mode and which the option ?

• Click to charge / fire the default and click and hold the option.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Click and hold the default , click to charge/fire the option.

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poponfu

Lead Developer
Curious what people think these days since the sniper debates of ol'.

Do you think the new click mode is easier to learn(ski with) than the old one ? Mostly thinking of first timers here who wont find the option.

Last edited:

Fixious

Test Lead
As someone who rarely snipes but have started to since the change, I find the new click2charge option to be more comfortable.

Ness

Most my sniper friends find generally got used to shoot with clicking, not releasing, and that often screws their aim.

Jaymyster

Piggybacking off of what Ness just said and taking into consideration Fixi's comment as well, I'm fairly certain myself that the majority of people who snipe would prefer to clicking over releasing as it seems to only allow more freedom of movement and ease of aim without holding down the left mouse button. It'd also be my assumption that not having to hold down the left click would only make things easier for new players as well being that they're probably already struggling with moving and aiming at the same time anyway.

This being said I really don't know how the votes are currently in favor of the other. (perhaps trouble interpreting the poll's wording?) I don't even know what could be said in favor of hold2charge being easier for newcomers to legions.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
I mean I personally found it awkward to ski with the clicking once it was added. Something about skiing and multiple clicks really threw me off. Might be what you are seeing in the poll results. Again though , this is about what's the best default for newbs who will not find/look for the option. Thanks for the written feedback so far.

Last edited: