What's your Project Z wishlist?

Fixious

Test Lead
weapons without 100% inheritance - I'm looking at you, legacy. 100% may be intuitive, but it's kind of easy and boring.

Legions' rocket launcher has 100% inheritance (forward). Pretty sure a few other weapons are the same, like the Blaster.

k e v i n

Private Tester
well I was just playing defender's server.........and I like how it tells you what weapon you're using when switched to it, and also tell you what class you are (light, medium, heavy)
something simple, but would help newer players

scoot

Legions' rocket launcher has 100% inheritance (forward). Pretty sure a few other weapons are the same, like the Blaster.
I really like the rocket launcher's fish inheritance (is that what it's called?). I guess I could put that on my wishlist. I was only talking about complete 100% inheritance. It's fine for a couple weapons, but not all of them. It's silly for dueling, and it feels less rewarding to get chase MAs.

OmniNept

Actionaut
Contrary to Contingencyplan, I actually enjoy a skill gap. Better movement at slower speeds is necessary, imo. I would for once like to see a "z-axis game" that ADDS THE Z-AXIS WITHOUT REMOVING ONE OF THE OTHER AXES from normal gameplay.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
meh, I just dont like strict dueling, yeah, theres CTF, but if you played any game on Legions in the past year or so, its gotten to where there is little teamwork and just a bunch of spam and dueling. guess its just cuz I always used heavy and got 1-900 rockets in my face when trying to D. D:

I feel Tribes had just as much skill as legions does, its all just preference.

and yes I enjoy any Tribes game (except T:V) over Legions.

57thEnryu

weapons that actually add to the flow of the game (not just to make it easier for noobs). part of the awesome thing was spending hours learning hoe to nade boost, then you come out with the boost core and its like "oh, well that was a waste of time" not saying get rid of everything, but I liked it before update 1.4 (after I just stopped playing...)

k e v i n

Private Tester
maybe a "quality setting" - so you can set your quality for the game to low, medium, or high depending on your preference
I know I always set anything for my computer to low, just so it runs smoother.....also, not everyone has a high end gaming computer. some people just have regular computers and want to play games on it. I think it would be a good option.

maybe also, an in game "teamspeak"- where you can talk to anyone on your team if you go into any server. It would make things easier for newcomers? and if you'd like to pug or something, then you can go onto teamspeak. and have an option in game to turn voice chat on or off so it doesn't conflict with teamspeak.

57thEnryu

both of kevins ones are good, but it would be awesome to possibly have ultra graphics, better models, etc. not neccesarily for gameplay but for casting would be great (obvious observer mode as well)

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
While having some good modern graphical technology will help Z greatly get attention, I feel that Z needs to have a much different approach to the art style of the game than legions did. Although the engine can only use 4 textures, I feel that having better texturing will do heaps for Z. We all know that legions gameplay was good and we didn't care so much about the art but I feel it needs to be a major point of concern if we are to gain new players with Z.

Editz:

weapons without 100% inheritance - I'm looking at you, legacy. 100% may be intuitive, but it's kind of easy and boring.

Just to add on this. Rockets have a 25% sidewards inheritance. I'd personally try not to mess with this too much. For example T:A had problems with auto's etc. and it didn't help that the projectile weapons only had 50% inheritance. (Even though 6 months down the line they did create a weapon with 100% inheritance but it did less damage from what I remember.

Last edited:

Fixious

Test Lead
And to anyone not in the loop, Z is being developed on the Unity engine. I don't believe there are any texture limitations in Unity, though adding more has obvious side effects.