Using mods with the Legions patcher

GReaper

Grumpy
As you've probably noticed by now, if you try to modify any of the game files, the next time you launch the patcher - they'll be replaced with the original versions. This is intentional - we want users to be on the latest version of the game.

With the latest version of the patcher we've changed the behaviour so that any files marked as read-only will be skipped for updates. This allows our patcher to download any accidentally deleted or modified files whilst allowing users to make certain modifications. If you haven't downloaded the latest version of the patcher (weekend preview testers especially), please download it!

So, if you want to stop your HUD/reticles from being updated, just copy your custom files to the right place and set them as read-only with Windows.

Please be aware that if you've got any issues you want to bug report regarding the game, we'll kindly ask you to disable any modifications before reporting. We don't want to analyse bug reports which are caused by out of date files.

BestCharmie

I've already modified my game files while I was testing. All I did was run the launcher. Change HUD. Click "Play". :) *liked*

golf1052

If you have read only files it looks like the patcher will not update your game until all files over-writable. I had some custom files (they were rocket texture files) and the game did not update until after they were over writable.

GReaper

Grumpy
For users who have their desktop locale set to something other than English - there's currently a bug where it chokes on avoiding the read only files. So you'll be missing any updated files.

Hopefully we'll have a fix coming soon, but until then it's a known issue.

GReaper

Grumpy
New version was uploaded last night (28th December, ~ 11PM UTC).

If you plan to use any modifications, it's highly recommended you use this version.

HellzHere

Ok I have a problem. I download the rets and transfer the swap the live folders. Then I go live-legions-data-shapes-weapons-chaingun/rocket/grenade. I make all files in the 3 final folders as read on, i double check them. Then I start the game and rets work find. Then when I restart the launcher, lets say the next day and play, the rets are gone...they go back to default. What am I doing wrong, I make the files read only?

Nvidia

Set the folder with the reticles as read only. Was that your question or did i understand something not correctly?

DJmahastax

Ok, I downloaded some files and replaced the original ones, but it updates and replaces the other files... so how do I set them as read only with Windows?

Coho

Hi if I'm reading this right I have to change both the ret folder and ret file as read only?
My ret needs some color heh, cant see it too well:)

Nvidia

Hi if I'm reading this right I have to change both the ret folder and ret file as read only?
My ret needs some color heh, cant see it too well:)

If you set the reticle folder as read only the files in the folder are marked as read only automaticially ;)