Updated CTF Map Rotation on Shazbot Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami

Private Tester
i'm stupid, and maybe other people are too, could someone please explain what the map's "weight" means?

Bestking

Tweaked the following:

Moonshine reduced from max 16 to max 14.
Elegiac from min 16 to min 14.
Added Gorge - forgot about it.

This means Blade Run, Forgotten, Mirage, Sleepwalker and The Core are the missing maps from the server rotation - and unless there's a huge demand for them, I'm leaving them out of the server rotation permanently.
I want sleepwalker back!

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
This means Blade Run, Forgotten, Mirage, Sleepwalker and The Core are the missing maps from the server rotation - and unless there's a huge demand for them, I'm leaving them out of the server rotation permanently.
Shouldn't they be on the Large maps server anyway, you cant exactly put frost-byte on the large map server can you? I'd hate to see Forgotten, Mirage and The Core go.

GReaper

Grumpy
There isn't going to be a large maps server. There just isn't enough players to justify multiple servers when most players join the one server.

The content isn't going away, if you want to play large maps - you'll have to run your own server.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
i'm stupid, and maybe other people are too, could someone please explain what the map's "weight" means?
The map's 'weight' is how much each map gets considered by the random selector. So, a map with more weight will happen more often. Frost has the highest weight, and will thusly be played the most often. This means I'm going to get tired of playing frost, moonshine and nivo over and over again. I'd argue just giving all the maps an equal weight and let legionnaires SUCK IT THE *dance* UP.

Status
Not open for further replies.