Untitled Moon Map

Fixious

Test Lead
Been experimenting with heightmaps and managed to make one out of a portion of our very own moon. This is the image I used. The result:

w0G7H01h.jpg

tNqbo2eh.jpg

fGfoXGRh.jpg

QCAsVpXh.jpg

Unfinished, to say the least. But that's 99% of the moon heightmap, and it works surprisingly well. Will need to modify the terrain some more since there are a few rather large craters.

Armageddon

Teapot
like the head bump at 0:42 :)

How do you import heightmaps into the editor?
I gave it a shot lastnight after seeing this and im not sure what format or if i have to convert etc.

Fixious

Test Lead
It's stupid and complicated, thanks to the Legions editor being half-functional. You have to use an older version of TGEA (1.5, for instance). Basically this, except after you've imported the heightmap in 1.5 just save the mission, then use the .ter it creates and use that for Legions. Once in the Legions editor, delete the Bitmap instance before doing any editing.

I don't know anything about scripting, but I have a hunch the heightmap directory setting in Legions is borked. If it worked and pointed to the right heightmap file, you probably wouldn't need to make all these unnecessary steps.

Anyways, doing it this way you can quite easily import Andrews T1 heightmaps.;)