Unlocked Game on Public Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

skypredator

Thanks, Triad. That helped me understand what I'd be doing. :) Yes, I have done some C syntax and JavaScript before. I'm just not very good at it. Also, I'm not exactly sure if custom servers will be open to the general public, or if they're private (with a password). Which are they? I'm just trying to get as much information as possible before I get Legions up again so I can just jump right in.

Triad

Legions Developer
Thanks, Triad. That helped me understand what I'd be doing. :) Yes, I have done some C syntax and JavaScript before. I'm just not very good at it. Also, I'm not exactly sure if custom servers will be open to the general public, or if they're private (with a password). Which are they? I'm just trying to get as much information as possible before I get Legions up again so I can just jump right in.
They can be public or private with or without a password. As of now, your server will not automatically show up on the list of servers that everyone can see. You'll have to configure it to do so.

skypredator

I caught that bit earlier on, thankfully. I doubt I'm going to make a custom server, though. Part of me just says I'll screw it all up with an uber chaingun and no one will want to play on it, thus having wasted my time. Now, one last question for now. The server.zip files people have posted on here, those are simply configuration settings to allow me to connect to the said server, no? I'm, um... Well I'm kind of lost on this. xD

poiuyt580

I caught that bit earlier on, thankfully. I doubt I'm going to make a custom server, though. Part of me just says I'll screw it all up with an uber chaingun and no one will want to play on it, thus having wasted my time. Now, one last question for now. The server.zip files people have posted on here, those are simply configuration settings to allow me to connect to the said server, no? I'm, um... Well I'm kind of lost on this. xD
The ones I posted are server files that allow you to replace yours with my server settings. I messed with an uber chaingun, and to say the least, it's overpowered. I'm sure you can imagine what happened when I created a mortar chaingun :p

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
The ones I posted are server files that allow you to replace yours with my server settings. I messed with an uber chaingun, and to say the least, it's overpowered. I'm sure you can imagine what happened when I created a mortar chaingun :p

panic-attack.jpg

skypredator

Heck yeah! Fricken "annoy the Euros" day xDD

Also, I can't get my router information on my Macbook. It might due to the fact that I'm using Firefox, but I doubt it. I'm going to try it on my Dell later. Quick question for those of you who have edited weapon stats: is it relatively easy to edit the values? And also, the stats are in the prefs file, right?

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer

Also, I can't get my router information on my Macbook. It might due to the fact that I'm using Firefox, but I doubt it. I'm going to try it on my Dell later. Quick question for those of you who have edited weapon stats: is it relatively easy to edit the values? And also, the stats are in the prefs file, right?
yes.
No.

poiuyt580

Yes.
Yes, No.

skypredator

Two yes's, one no. Not bad.

Where are they, then? Or must I code my own stuff? I'm a coding newbie. I don't know the first thing about this stuff. :oops:

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Well, just turned the BR into a flamethrower :p It is without doubt the most OP weapon I've ever seen XD (though auto-mortars would be worse)

EDIT: and for some reason, even when I set the damage to 3, it still kill in like 5 shots :(

Status
Not open for further replies.