"Top 10 plays/shots" idea.. i need your help!

phanakapan

Private Tester
i can upload some more. I have a few more clips from the last few days... did you check out the clip of pop that I uploaded? It would help if you could give me feedback about what i've already submitted too.

phanakapan

Private Tester
i agree. i would wait until youre happy with the content as a whole before releasing just for the sake of releasing.

Apcizzle

i can upload some more. I have a few more clips from the last few days... did you check out the clip of pop that I uploaded? It would help if you could give me feedback about what i've already submitted too.
you among a couple others sent me MANY 100+ meg clips... i cant keep up lol. i have a life. ill just keep saying upload whatever u think is good enough and ill take it from there

Apcizzle

well thats why i ask people to send in clips.. but not like 10+ at me at a time... it sucks to download and watch and rate EACH one lol... i do apprreciate it tho.

i'll look more into possibly making the movie tomorrow

MJ1284

If you feel you REALLY need to make Top 10 every second week I'm sure most of us won't mind if there'd be two clips from one person (although I think it's good concept to have one clip for one person). I would hate to see Top 10 list turning into something where same 10-15 people keep tossing their clips, but considering that we're small community I do understand if Apciz might have to do compromises here and there.

And now I'm getting back to my old question: Why no Dropbox? No clickety-clickety "Download" buttons, Dropbox Desktop automatically checks shared folders filelists and downloads them automatically if they're not present in your hard disk.
Just saying it would be considerably more convenient for all those who like to send multiple clips in one go *glares at phana*

If you feel you REALLY need to make Top 10 every second week I'm sure most of us won't mind if there'd be two clips from one person (although I think it's good concept to have one clip for one person). I would hate to see Top 10 list turning into something where same 10-15 people keep tossing their clips, but considering that we're small community I do understand if Apciz might have to do compromises here and there.

And now I'm getting back to my old question: Why no Dropbox? No clickety-clickety "Download" buttons, Dropbox Desktop automatically checks shared folders filelists and downloads them automatically if they're not present in your hard disk.
Just saying it would be considerably more convenient for all those who like to send multiple clips in one go *glares at phana*
Hear, hear.

I wouldn't even mind a weekly top 5 instead of a top 10, by the way. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to be a bit of a faff to get a top 10 going consistently. Would hate to see this crash and burn because of the low number of weekly clips.

Apcizzle

well i already started with top 10... so the idea of switching to a top 5 would be the same if i changed it lets say after 2 more editions.

I'll play it by ear, if i only get 5 clips every 2 weeks or only the same people giving me clips, then so be it.

phanakapan

Private Tester

It's not my fault I get lots of good footage :D

I've been submitting stuff other people have done from my pov as well when it's clear enough to see what actually happened.

you among a couple others sent me MANY 100+ meg clips... i cant keep up lol. i have a life. ill just keep saying upload whatever u think is good enough and ill take it from there

You should put a team together. They could look at the 100+ clips and weed out the bad ones. You will only have to sort through the good ones, and even the people helping out will not know the top 10.

Just a thought... that and $1 will get you 4 quarters....

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Meaning thay are either long or silly good quality. One just does not have time to look through 10x10 minute clips looking for possibly something good.

phanakapan

Private Tester
mine are huge (100-500mbs) because they are uncompressed. if you compress multiple times you end up getting shitty looking video. 100mbs only takes a few minutes to download.

If there was a dropbox, people could upload overnight and no one would have to wait for anything.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
mine are huge (100-500mbs) because they are uncompressed. if you compress multiple times you end up getting shitty looking video. 100mbs only takes a few minutes to download.

I have been compressing mine with WMV9 variable quality at 100 and it keeps the size pretty low and quality good even when he re-compresses them. 1680x1050 rez probally helps though.

--

I have told him he should get a ftp from the start for this. Recently I started using drop box for a work project and if he got 10 people to sign up with referral (free) could have 3~ gigs that everyone can make their own folders in and upload.

Apcizzle

START ONE UP FOR ME POP GOD.

and ive been telling everyone who uses windows 7 to get windows live movie maker 2011. Simply open the video in that.. you don't even have to do anything. Just go to the menu, go to save movie and then go to the "for high-definition display". That'll make it compressed to 50megs or so and the quality is perfect and will fit the screen so we dont get empty space. But im not too picky. (pop is)

I use to love using windows movie maker.... then my cpu said some strange error.... "wrong pointer" or something like that... I reinstalled the damned program and whenever I want to edit a video I have to transfer to my laptop or use virtual pc....... how the hell does it not work on my main cpu... but works on virtual pc.... this is bs....*continues to QQ until breath is no more*

back on track. Helpers could help =), I am sure some people would help if it is a work issue.

*now back off track* My spelling has gotten better..... my grammar also.... I am going to go get a cookie to celebrate....