The Legacy Project

stefygraff

Private Tester
Enough talk about Core... I want to see some action and testing going around :p.
Dont do this project with pt. only this time, share your work out here, we can install the maps ourself :)

Reactions: Vox

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
So I just got done with a 15 minute rework of Stygian in the direction I was going:
thestyg.png

EDIT: just got done doing quick edits

Moonshine: removed the elevated stand after tweaking with some other options for it.
Forgotten: fixed spawns. moved flags "back" by about 10 meters into the back X section. Did some basic terrain restructuring around the bases.
Sekrat Legacy Project Map 1: messed with the stand for 5 minutes.

EDIT 2: 2 questions, 1st who wants to see Jord go ballistic? and 2 where should I put the flag?

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
Just an update here, no pictures as it would look the same:

Moonshine: Ready for Version 1 testing. I recently did a quick smoothing pass (and removed the elevated stand)
Forgotten: Ready for Version 1 testing. Did some basic smoothing around the bases and middle, the outsides remain unchanged.
Stygian: Ready for Version 1 testing. Took away the inside bases, made the train cart area twice as big for more room. Did some GENEROUS smoothing, but may have actually done too much :S...

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Quarry will never come back into Legions. Unless some redoes literally the entire thing and makes it not absolute horse *chocolate cookies*.

Defender

challenge accepted
I just figured out the problem with the bases on the red side not lighting correctly each time the mission reloads.
Had to removed the MaterialRemap and now both bases are blue, but atleast the red side lights up correctly now.
MaterialRemap = "MaterialRemapper_ABGlowOrange";
I swapped out the old Quarry terrain and replaced it with the one from FrostByte.
I'm now heavly modifing the terrain to fit the structures and are adjusting the hills around the edges of the map to fit all the small bridges.
My new map will be called Snow Quarry. I should have a test version posted for download within 24 hours.

The terrain will be double the size of FrostByte, and will offer faster larger hills.

screensots
http://tribalcombat.com/Maps/SnowQuarry/screenshots/
Legions%202012-08-07%2010-54-35-83_1280x962.jpg

Legions%202012-08-07%2010-56-10-28_1280x962.jpg

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
So you just took Frosts terrrain and made it bigger? Quarry should be as it actually is. Dark, with a few lights here and there.

When I get home I pl4n on working on it. Ill lower the hills along the OD, create a better middle, and tweak the main side areas. (as well as behind the bases). aill also fiddle with the stand and surrounding hills.

Defender

So you just took Frosts terrrain and made it bigger? Quarry should be as it actually is. Dark, with a few lights here and there.

When I get home I pl4n on working on it. Ill lower the hills along the OD, create a better middle, and tweak the main side areas. (as well as behind the bases). aill also fiddle with the stand and surrounding hills.

I took the Frosts terrrain, then scalled from 8 to 16.
Started remaking it to fit in with the base and bridge layouts.
My terrain will not look like the Frosts terrrain when its finished, because its being heavly modified.
I'm not trying to bring back Quarry, my map will have a new name.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
ah, thats what I thought you were saying, just making sure I understood you. sweet! and good luck

BTW: NNNNNNEEEEEEEWWWWWW QUARRRRY PICTURES!!!!!

Wide Angle Outside Terrain
-Much of the outlying mountains have been greatly reduced, and large bowls added

Opposite Corner of Above
-Same as above

Beta(?) Base and Surrounding area
-Bowls were added into the middle section of the base, as well as in front of the old spawn platform

Alpha(?) Base and Surrounding area
-Same as above

One side of middle area (The middle is going to require some serious work, depending on where spawns are)
-The middle is going to be tricky. Where the spawns are not, you spawn A LOT on that front platform, so theres not much room between that and the enemy flag. I either need to really tweak the terrain or make you only spawn near the flag, and go from there.

Lastly: I want to make it Zenithish(obviously the good large map) so that fronts are do-able, but sides are better. There will need to be some SERIOUS testing on this map for it to work, but as of now, its still in development.

stefygraff

Private Tester

What about the bases? thats the real problem...