The biggest stars in the universe

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Good thing all those massive galaxies are zooming away then, we already have enough to explore when a decent space program gets started.

3lionz

Legions Developer
<Insert tasteless and inappropriate yo moma joke here>

I will agree with previous statement, but only because I recently played mass effect recently.

Arch

Legions Developer
Yar, the way we're going, I think it's more likely that we'll be discovered instead of us doing the discovering.
I think it stupid for people to believe that we are the only living beings in the Universe. Our Earth, which we think of as quite large, is a mere microscopic spec compared to the rest of Space. To believe that there are no other living beings in Space is just illogical in my opinion.

Also: http://htwins.net/scale2/
Skip to 3:50 for the Space related chatter.

Pure

Once we grab a hold of dark energy, then we can do some exploring, which is a few thousands years away.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
I think it stupid for people to believe that we are the only living beings in the Universe. Our Earth, which we think of as quite large, is a mere microscopic spec compared to the rest of Space. To believe that there are no other living beings in Space is just illogical in my opinion.

Exactly. This is also what I remind Poponfu when he laments to me about his inability to woo a female.

"Poponfu," I would say, "This universe is a big one, surely there's a female out there that would find you to be an acceptable mate."

"Herp!" Poponfu would cheerfully derp.

Propkid

Came in.
Looked at OP.
Stars, cool.
Scrolled down.
Read 'googolplex'
Posted this comment.
Left to play a game.

Seriously, how can you look at this kind of stuff if you're not as school/work and can play your awesome games? :p

Arch

Legions Developer
Came in.
Looked at OP.
Stars, cool.
Scrolled down.
Read 'googolplex'
Posted this comment.
Left to play a game.

Seriously, how can you look at this kind of stuff if you're not as school/work and can play your awesome games? :p
Have you ever sat down and thought about how you are living on a floating, rotating sphere in the midst of the vast Space? I think it's pretty astounding.

Fixious

Test Lead
Your mom is the biggest star in the universe.

OhSnap-house.gif

Triad

Legions Developer
Have you ever sat down and thought about how you are living on a floating, rotating sphere in the midst of the vast Space? I think it's pretty astounding.
I completely agree. I could and have talked about this stuff for hours with other people outside of school and work. It's extremely interesting to me.

S

shaskie

If you guys haven't looked at the videos, the most fascinating thing imo is how big the VY Canis Majoris is compared to Earth.

It's on the 1st video, 1:42.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
In all seriousness, I *dancing* love space. I wanted to take an astronomy class so bad this semester but it filled up in like 5 minutes.

Triad

Legions Developer
If you guys haven't looked at the videos, the most fascinating thing imo is how big the VY Canis Majoris is compared to Earth.

It's on the 1st video, 1:42.
To add onto that:

If the Earth were to be represented by a sphere one centimeter in diameter, the Sun would be represented as a sphere with a diameter of 109 centimeters, at a distance of 117 meters. At these scales, VY Canis Majoris would have a diameter of approximately 2.3 kilometers... (Wikipedia)

Delpicy

I took an astronomy course last semester. Its pretty interesting stuff. I recommend everyone to take a course in it. I read up on astronomy things every now and then as a hobby, and there are just so many absolutely ridiculousnew discoveries that its insane. Insanely awesome