Test Pick-Up Games on Custom Maps.

stefygraff

Private Tester
Alright, we come to this at last. We had a few attempts to play PUG's on Custom Maps in the past 2 weeks, but most of them failed because the lack of organisation.

The main idea of this thread is to set some key rules if you want to play in these Test Pick-up Games.
Basically, whoever wants to join these events need to have the map already installed before joining(to prevent questions such as "How to install the map?" or "Its not working for me"). So no map when we start the pug = no game for you!

NOTE: If you still do not know how to install custom maps take a look here. And if you still can't work it out just send me a private message and i will take you step by step again. (once again im telling you! Do not show up at the Test PUG without the map installed, you will not take part)

Other thing that must be set up is time and map, these tow elements will be announced on this thread(preferentially), Example:

Pick-up Game on Odysseus 20:00 CET we are waiting for players to test the map, please shout out if you can join.

Of course all the T.PUG's will be taken on Team Speak 3.

Other problem you must take into consideration when making the T.PUG is the host.

Currently im sure that SexiMothafuckers(dabbleh) and Public Test New Maps (Enryu) have dedicated servers that can run all the maps. Im not sure if they will accept the idea to host PUG's but we will see. One thing is certain, If you wish to organize a PUG you must first have a server up and running with the map that is played! (very important)

These are key common sense values you require for joining a Test PUG on a custom map, if you do not accept these, please, don't even try to organize it because it will fail badly. I will short up a list for better understanding:

-If you wish to join this kind of PUG, you must first have the map
-The organizer of the PUG must have an established date and time for the PUG and the Server to host the game on.
-Team Speak required

Don't forget to check the Pick-up Constitution, this will assure a quality, legal, fair play game for us all! And also be mature and keep in mind that you have to play a game (social, politics, other games discussions are accepted to a certain limit) Hopefully now we can get some PUG's started with these new maps too! Have a nice day.

Belberith

Legions Developer
so_it_has_come_to_this.png

xkcd states it well.

stefygraff

Private Tester
Announcement:

Pick-up game on Odysseus, Friday at 21:00 CET(do the math depending on your timezone)
Server host is in UK (sexymothafuckers- Dabbleh server)

Same Pick-up game Saturday at 23:00 CET

Please download the map from here . I will make special invites to a few players and try to assure a considerable amount of players that can join the game. Cya at the event!

aus.hsp

Private Tester
I'll try make it dude... may be too early in the morning for me though haha - Good to see this kind of organisation is occurring!

stefygraff

Private Tester
I'll try make it dude... may be too early in the morning for me though haha - Good to see this kind of organisation is occurring!

im aware that the friday pug is a bit early for players out of Euro. But im keeping my fingers
crossed for both pug times

Sin

Private Tester
For those of you who don't know how to convert times, 21:00 CET is 3 PM for Eastern Standard Time, and 12PM for Pacific Standard Time. 23:00 is 5PM EST, 2PM PST.

57thEnryu

*wait* tonight? thought it was Saturday.....zomg it is tonight.....well I wont make the Saturday one cuz I'm working from 8-5 (worst part, I have to be up by 5am to catch the bus, so Im virtually working 12 hours that day....)

57thEnryu

*wait* tonight? thought it was Saturday.....zomg it is tonight.....well I wont make the Saturday one cuz I'm working from 8-5 (worst part, I have to be up by 5am to catch the bus, so Im virtually working 12 hours that day....)
actually, I just realized that 21:00 = 12:00 my time, and its now....1:07......