Team Registration and Clan Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xothermic

We don't type in the clan tag ourselves do we?We get it when we join a team, right? (That is, after the clan leader confirms us as a part of his team.)
And I agree with what Dominicus said, it'd be better if the clan tag was enclosed within square brackets->[]

nor10

We don't type in the clan tag ourselves do we?We get it when we join a team, right? (That is, after the clan leader confirms us as a part of his team.)
And I agree with what Dominicus said, it'd be better if the clan tag was enclosed within square brackets->[]

I disagree. I believe the clan tag should be exactly how you make it to be. I do not want to have my clan tag to be ^i^ and then have it enclosed in brackets. [^i^] . [^i^]nor10 looks stupid to me if my tag was supposed to look like ^i^ nor10. What they could do is make the tag itself a different color than the users name itself, so any old schmuck can't just make a handle with a clan tag already on it and pose as a member of a clan.

Freeman

RAYTANG
I disagree. I believe the clan tag should be exactly how you make it to be. I do not want to have my clan tag to be ^i^ and then have it enclosed in brackets. [^i^] . [^i^]nor10 looks stupid to me if my tag was supposed to look like ^i^ nor10. What they could do is make the tag itself a different color than the users name itself, so any old schmuck can't just make a handle with a clan tag already on it and pose as a member of a clan.
The plan is to make the clan tag a different colour.

Daphinicus

Private Tester

I was simply wondering if ANY non-alphanumeric characters would be useable in clan tags. No reason not to assume so, but confirmation's still nice to hear.

Also, Xoth: just call me Daph or Daffy. It's easier. =)

nor10

The plan is to make the clan tag a different colour.

Excellent. I thought I had read where Seymour had said they were leaning toward one color, something about no Rainbow Colors makes Seymour happy or something.

Glad to hear that the tags will be a different color than the user id.

Daph, I was just saying I hope they don't put ALL tags in brackets. Back when I played Tribes 800 years ago, theme Tribes were very popular. Not sure if they still are, but take for example the Sticks. Sadi[stick] doesn't look quite as cool as Sadistick. This brings up another point that I don't think I have read....will tags be able to be behind usernames?

A2

What about just have the clan-tag bolded.
Ex: ClantagUsername
Doesn't look so complicated, and also looks quite neat.

About the use of symbols and other characters, I do support that they be there, but limited to an extent.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Excellent. I thought I had read where Seymour had said they were leaning toward one color, something about no Rainbow Colors makes Seymour happy or something.

Glad to hear that the tags will be a different color than the user id.

Yar, I probably wasn't clear enough there. Clan tags will likely be only one colour, but different from your nickname.

Question hadn't occurred to me until now, but would the one colour be choose-able by the clan leader, or would all clan tags be the same colour?

DeadGuy

Legions Developer
When we have time we can add it. Fixing bugs/crashes is more important than giving a few dozen the ability to add some yellow font in their names, but we will get to it nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.