Team Registration and Clan Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixious

Test Lead
During the first stages of implementation we can of course make sure the proper tags are assigned to the correct clans. There are only a few legions clans right now so it's not an issue.
When the game goes huge and there are 1000+ clans it'll be more of a problem though. :D

That's when IAC will take it back and turn it into a CoD clone. ;)

images

Yoda5891

try to imagine having to see your whole name (ripper) every time your legionnaire flies by. then add 5 characters to that. imagine how annoying that would get after a while.
edit: double post
I'm talking about abbreviations not actual clan names. your clan name can be as long as you want it to be, but it'd show up in your profile where it doesnt get in the way of gameplay.

Maybe put the clan tags on a second line below the name so it wouldn't be as long just a little higher. I always like clan names on a second line so it doesn't get confused with the name but i guess the color change and possibly different/bold font would make it obvious enough.

Disci

Old man
This is true. Everyone knows who xXMEGA_SLAYERXx is and is afraid when he joins the server no matter which team he plays for or doesn't play.

Bullets

Great feature. Hopefully the tags won't be too distracting/obstructive in-game.

As dimi suggested, what kind of other things might clans expect to get? In-game chat/official clan pages/etc?

Novaz

I love the idea. I thank whoever suggested it, now it'll be much easier to know who's in what clan.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Is it fair to assume that basic special characters -- for example, brackets, parentheses, and braces -- will be usable in clan tags? Are there any planned character restrictions?

I'm not sure if I'm aging myself here or not, but I'm a lot more used to (and comfortable with) seeing (TAG)Name or [TAG]Name than I am TAGName -- OUTSIDE of Legions, of course. Just wonderin' if that'll be an option.

Wow i didnt snap how many players we had...Were slowly taking over the internetz hahaha!!!! And theres a Few older felows from the clan have recently posted on coming back after some vacation time... ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.