Team Registration and Clan Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahidhar

Well, truly, I don't ask for much. My name is just going to be 57thMaster. And since the clan tag's going to be implemented, it would be 57th(the tag)Master(account name). The fact is, the rest of you all, are greedy little creatures.

try to imagine having to see your whole name (ripper) every time your legionnaire flies by. then add 5 characters to that. imagine how annoying that would get after a while.
edit: double post
I'm talking about abbreviations not actual clan names. your clan name can be as long as you want it to be, but it'd show up in your profile where it doesnt get in the way of gameplay.
Well I also don't know if i'm gone keep the name I have now. It was already long before. Problem solved no?

I do its a great thing but i dont care how long or how short they can be... I mean unless were in pub and really anyone is in there it can become a pain when all you hear on TS is
"Pass the flag bottem tower" and theres a bunch of noobs running around in circle going "Lalalalalala" then it would be good but if were in privet match Scrim tournament or really anything thats Clan V Clan then theres no need for it...or i suppose it would help if there was a broadcaster filming the game then this way here the viewers know whos in whos clan and whats going on...
EDIT: i guess it would make it harder for ppl to join clans last min. kinda what happened not to long ago ppl playing for clans that wernt registured to there clan. Maybe it would be better if they added a 1 Week minimum to each new clan member before letting them play in a Tournament..But as far as Scrims they seem kinda pointless..Most 57th already put 57th in there name and most of us all have an acount without 57th as well..Take Omni for example they all have "omni" in their names. Am i wrong?

Dacil

i still dont see the point in clan tags..... but it's not like it'll super bother me (not that i know of yet at least)

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Clan tags are a visual representation of your clan in-game. If you're in a clan and don't want to display them, then simply disable them.

BugsPray

Legions Developer
One nice feature of implementing a tag system is it allows teams to control their roster and maintain the integrity of their name. A lot of griefers will try to impersonate teams in order to smear their reputation or troll. Having a built-in system clearly identifying an official team tag will make it obvious who is who while you're in-game.

DeadGuy

Legions Developer
Wonder how many will register 57th, .fi, null etc before real clan leaders does it...
During the first stages of implementation we can of course make sure the proper tags are assigned to the correct clans. There are only a few legions clans right now so it's not an issue.
When the game goes huge and there are 1000+ clans it'll be more of a problem though. :D

Disci

Old man
I don't know if we are coming back and Sixi is still around tho not on the channels you guys are.

Status
Not open for further replies.