Tab/Quick Loadout Selection

Mukhtar

With the new Legions update and steam coming up I was hoping I could put some input about the game. The thing that most annoys me, even after 3 years of playing is that there is no properly functioning quick tab. You're in the middle of a game, looking around dueling people on LO and suddenly just feel the need to check your points/kills or just wanna look at your ping. That's all fairly impossible to do mostly because you just fall and die right after because it's toggle.

Another really necessary function is the quick loadout selection screen. Maybe bind this to your numpad by default. 1-3 for classes. After initial tap, a second selection appears with 1-9 for loadouts that you've saved for that class via the inventory selection. This is a really fun feature in tribes that saves alot of time from pressing esc, selecting your armor, then selecting the loadout. I can imagine it'd do the same for legions aswell.

Let me know what you guys think. Keep in mind that this is just a suggestion.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
With the new Legions update and steam coming up I was hoping I could put some input about the game. The thing that most annoys me, even after 3 years of playing is that there is no properly functioning quick tab. You're in the middle of a game, looking around dueling people on LO and suddenly just feel the need to check your points/kills or just wanna look at your ping. That's all fairly impossible to do mostly because you just fall and die right after because it's toggle.

This is happening.

Another really necessary function is the quick loadout selection screen. Maybe bind this to your numpad by default. 1-3 for classes. After initial tap, a second selection appears with 1-9 for loadouts that you've saved for that class via the inventory selection. This is a really fun feature in tribes that saves alot of time from pressing esc, selecting your armor, then selecting the loadout. I can imagine it'd do the same for legions aswell.

Has been talked about, there is a script (download somewhere on the forums) that allows you to do this I seem to recall.

k e v i n

Private Tester
well whenever i wanna check my points or ping, i just press esc, and then press esc again to exit that screen......and i've got tracktor to keep track of my kills:confused:
but i'm sure u already know this -_-

or are you talking about some sort of transparent screen that you can toggle on and off and still be able to play the game while viewing your points/ping/kills

Sin

Private Tester
Quick tab is already in the new patch, if I'm not mistaken. I'll check it out real quick and toss an edit in. As for loadouts, sounds like a good idea. Not sure if it's going to be implemented.

EDIT: Scoreboard slide as it's called.

Mukhtar

Quick tab is already in the new patch, if I'm not mistaken. I'll check it out real quick and toss an edit in. As for loadouts, sounds like a good idea. Not sure if it's going to be implemented.

EDIT: Scoreboard slide as it's called.
Whoop :D