Story mode and Racing.

Crisis12096

No, not really. A racing mode could be fun, but a story mode is not necessary and wouldn't really fit into Legions. I don't think Legions could have something like this right now anyway, not in the near future, either. This is my opinion, at least.

We should get more players first, though.

57thEnryu

both are things I actually looked into/am still messing round with. Someone (don't remember who) told me awhile ago they would help me with a legions story mode, but I never really had the time to look into it. Aside from that, I'm really backed up right now with legions things (LICL + LTS) so maybe when I finish both of these 2 I can look into story mode more. But race is just a matter of making a track, then building a .cs file for the game-mode theat awards points based on what order you cross the finish line, which shouldnt be too hard (take a look at pops pipe challenge)

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Race mode used to exist back in the day, picture Mario Kart w/ Legions players.

Belberith

Legions Developer
Race mode used to exist back in the day, picture Mario Kart w/ Legions players.
playlegions-timetrial.png
This was Time Trial on PlayLegions.com. It wasn't a full race the way you mean, Toho, but it had similar aspects.
If you look in the mission files for Frostbyte and a few other maps there are SimSets for race gates (most of the maps you'll find those in are just copies of the Frostbyte ones though).

(edit - I think this is the 10000th message in Suggestions... awesome)

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
View attachment 2537
This was Time Trial on PlayLegions.com. It wasn't a full race the way you mean, Toho, but it had similar aspects.
If you look in the mission files for Frostbyte and a few other maps there are SimSets for race gates (most of the maps you'll find those in are just copies of the Frostbyte ones though).

(edit - I think this is the 10000th message in Suggestions... awesome)
I was #1 on PlayLegions Time Trial, there was a race mode, I played with Munge back in tha day.

Fixious

Test Lead
8Qb3p.png

P7u1p.jpg

V7uwM.png

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Wouldn't it be a great idea if we had a story mode and a racing mode?

Pop and I made a racing mod a while back as Enryu mentioned.

As for story mode.. If you're honestly suggesting that, I don't think you understand how evil it would be to program bots that could ski anything other than a predetermined path..