Spectate Test

Immanent

Ok I know there has been a thread about Spectator mode discussing why it was removed and stuff bla bla bla.

Seeing as the other spectator mode didn't have much meat on how it will be achieved etc..

Well what I'm suggesting is actually PLAUSIBLE: Proof?

In order to achieve what I just did I did:
1) use RockeyRex's togglehud
2) turn of my own jet trails
3) hide first person weapon

What I was thinking was that a dev could create a new class called: Spectator (only available in PuGs or something) and make it have infinite jets, no weapons, and infinite health. This is so that one can't die while spectating. Also no fall damage.

Feedback, especially from the devs would be awesome.

Immanent

MJ1284

Seems impractical IMO, free roam camera is infinitely more useful for spectating. Besides game still has spectator mode, but it only works when you join a server and don't press anything else besides WASD -keys.

Immanent

Seems impractical IMO, free roam camera is infinitely more useful for spectating. Besides game still has spectator mode, but it only works when you join a server and don't press anything else besides WASD -keys.
Yeah, but once you slip and touch a key, you're screwed.

Fixious

Test Lead
Even if it were only in PuGs, there's a strong possibility of the player model messing with gameplay(blocking). They'd be better off fixing/creating a standard observer mode than this.

How close are we to getting this, btw?

Immanent

Even if it were only in PuGs, there's a strong possibility of the player model messing with gameplay(blocking). They'd be better off fixing/creating a standard observer mode than this.

How close are we to getting this, btw?

Yeah but this seems like a viable alternative apart from that issue :l

GReaper

Grumpy
What you've created is the most ridiculous hack ever. An amusing way of trying to achieve it though!

There is a spectator mode, it just needs cleaning and bug fixing. It needs someone with a bit of time to give it some love to ensure we don't end up with bugs on servers.

jago

i think this is a good idea for captains to use who may not want to play but are able to follow the game but like Greaper said spec mode just needs sorting