Singapore Test Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
I experienced the server as relatively stable but every 2 games or so I would experience a lag spike so big I wasn't able to play for about a minute, maybe two. I also noticed huge ping fluctuations for everyone but on the whole it's a much better server than the first Singapore server and my ping wasn't too bad. I think the average ping on that server for most people is probably better than on the Japanese server though I would, for selfish reasons, prefer the Japanese one, hehe.
yeah, and your ping is ?????

it does appear there are more ppl with low ping with the Singapore server, pity the ping some get to it is strangely high.

the first few hrs I played no lag at all but when I returned an hr. later myself and and others did get some lag, nothing like the last SG server, closer to the feeling of a low FPS. There were only about 8 of us on it at the time.

Karnage

Private Tester
My ping was mostly around 135. Once or twice it spiked to unplayable levels but not nearly as badly as the first SG server did. What was your ping? I noticed Ocarina got really low ping.

Royalty

The Aussie
I really can't stress how much I want Jap back....

Some of the Aussies (including me and Flamesstater) deserve a server were we can get at least under 200 ping......

the-champ

i feel this server is better than the Jap server cuz many players ping good in this server,maybe not that much but certainly more than the players that would ping well in Jap server.Still,if both the servers could be kept up,it will just do good to Asians/Australian players.

ocarina_boy

It's *chocolate cookies*. I'm in AUS- my ping in US servers is 200-300. In Singapore its +300......

I want Jap back......

I really can't stress how much I want Jap back....

Some of the Aussies (including me and Flamesstater) deserve a server were we can get at least under 200 ping......

128712481342937122.jpg

Immanent

Excuse what I said in game lol, I blame the ping...

I think the average ping on that server for most people is probably better than on the Japanese server though I would, for selfish reasons, prefer the Japanese one, hehe.

I want the Japanese server back as well. More people play on it, I get slightly, ever so slightly better ping on the average and I *dancing* live in Singapore! That's right, I live in Singapore which is 50km in diameter and I get 100 ping, and IntimidaTer (lives in central/north SG) gets ping as low as if the server was in his basement. Also people from HK, Thailand, Aussy get better ping than me. Messed up? I think so.

there is a fibre optic cable 20 meters from my house so just for giggles I went to a local cafe with free internet that uses it.

my ping went from 130 ish at my house to 90 ish WOOOHOOOO

Im going to get my parabolic dish and wifi stick back from a friend and Id bet money I can get the connection from my house

Now the next question is 'will the SG server stay or will it go' ?

Seems its the best 'middle ground' location for Australia and Asia to play together eg. Karnage all the way in Korea pings about the same as I do at the furthest point to SG in Adelaide Australia.

a few other Aussies who are closer to SG than me ping over 200 which is weird, guess its always gona suck for someone.......

Royalty

The Aussie
there is a fibre optic cable 20 meters from my house so just for giggles I went to a local cafe with free internet that uses it.

my ping went from 130 ish at my house to 90 ish WOOOHOOOO

Im going to get my parabolic dish and wifi stick back from a friend and Id bet money I can get the connection from my house

Now the next question is 'will the SG server stay or will it go' ?

Seems its the best 'middle ground' location for Australia and Asia to play together eg. Karnage all the way in Korea pings about the same as I do at the furthest point to SG in Adelaide Australia.

a few other Aussies who are closer to SG than me ping over 200 which is weird, guess its always gona suck for someone.......
No- most Aussies have better ping on Jap and get +300 on Singapore.....

How many is that?

Ive only seen a handful on so far, Ocarina gets 80 being the closest to SG, havent seen Nighthawk on but I think hes WA so he will ping about 80 too. Flames says 300 this time but said the last SG gave him 180 which is really strange. Dreadnaught pinged about 180 I think.

who else is there pinging that high?

yeh, I was thinking today that Darwin could be another good place to try as maybe Australias internet is better implemented than some of Asia and will provide more predictable pings for all, what do you think Greaper?

tho Darwin has never struck me as very tech savvy :)

Is there anywhere in the Philippines? Location wise its very central for Aust/Asia although I guess it would have been considered already being so.

I also found out that Dreadnaught is in adelaide and in the city like me and he was pinging over 300, different provider though the dreaded Telstra :(

I had some terrible hangs today on SG, 15 second frame pauses and a bit of teleporting....

Status
Not open for further replies.