Server timeout...

yugas42

Well I played this a while back and wanted to get into it again. Fully updated the game and now I can log in and get into the game, but when I try to join any server (including the public test server) it loads for about 10 seconds then instantly times out.

(im using the password mortar for the public test server so thats not an issue for me)

yugas42

Well I can assure you my pc is fine, its gaming spec. Going to do the ping check now, although I am downloading something I doubt it would have such an effect on my gaming since it usually doesnt.

Armageddon

Teapot
I've had issues with my connection that have caused me to drop from a server, not with downloading but with another computer and game console both on the web while im playing. Are you hard wired or on wifi?

yugas42

Im on wifi, but that has hardly ever effected me before. No other device that uses internet is on in my house right now except my computer.

Edit: im going to try this once my download is finished in the morning, reason for this is my speedtest.net download speed is 0.76 mb/s and upload is 3.86 mb/s with a 19ms... Im not sure if that has to do with the download or my wonderful ISP but its never been that slow before.

Armageddon

Teapot
Chances are if it was a server drop, your network may have had high traffic at the time and with a download on top of high traffic you may have hit the wall, try playing without having a download going and let us know. Also pingplotter would help.