Download [Server Mods] Flammenwerfer and Shatterbolt

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Both of these are minimods and are packaged independently below, together, and Legions Aero will also have both of them packaged inside of it later.

Why Should I be Interested?
Flammenwerfer and Shatterbolt are the first Legions mods to have status effects.

Flammenwerfer

Flammenwerfer modifies the player.cs file in order to turn the otherwise worthless Blaster Rifle into a weapon that has a DoT. I have also tried to convert it to a flamethrower fully by upping it's RoF, decreasing range, decreasing velocity, etc, but the end result was simply not fun. As such, I abandoned that idea and simply went with a DoT. Re-igniting someone will result in increasing the duration of the DoT.

Download Flammenwerfer 1.01 (nerfed BR damage)

Shatterbolt

Shatterbolt also modifies the player.cs file to create the status "Broken." I drew ideas on this from the death message of the Skybolt, "x was shattered by y." Each hit by the Skybolt now increases damage from other weapons by 5% for a splash hit and 15% for a direct hit. Repeated hits will increase the damage multiplier. Also, over time, the amount will reduce to 0% at which point, the status is removed. Every 300 milliseconds, 1 percentage point is lost. Therefore, a direct hit will result in 4.5 seconds of increased damage sensitivity with it dropping off linearly until zero as mentioned before.

Download Shatterbolt 1.00

Combined Status Pack

The idea was to create a mod that would give purpose to the two most underused weapons. The Blaster Rifle now instills a DoT and the Skybolt increases damage sensitivity for a duration. It is my hope that these two together (or apart, whichever the end-user decides they would like) will add depth as they instill the first status effects. Currently, there are no graphical elements, though this may change in the future.

Download Status Pack 1.01 (nerf to BR damage)

How-To

Many statuses could easily be done by modifying the player.cs file in the server/game/ directory. The way I did it was to simply have things more or less like this:

Code:
%this.setData(<str1>,<str2>,<value>); //sets the data initially

<value>=%this.data[<str1>,<str2>]; //returns the previously stored value

%this.data[<str1>,<str2>]=<value>;//sets the data to value after the data has been declared

str1 and str2 are simply two names you give it for identification. For instance, I used the following for my mods:

Code:
%this.data["Status","Broken"]//shatterbolt
%this.data["Status","Fire"]//flammenwerfer

If you are familiar with torque, it should be pretty easy to do. :)

Advice for Status Development

Note: If you don't want to make your own status effects, skip this section.

I exceeded the word limit, so I stuck this section in a .docx file. Download

Credits

Design Lead: Volt Cruelerz
Debugging Assistance: 3lionz

Future Use

As always, feel free to use my mods in part or in full. Just make sure to include me in your credits and shoot me a PM before your public release. I like to know what my work is being used in. ;)

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
By the way, the broken status also amplifies the damage done by the fire status (in addition to all other weapon, OD, and impact damage from the game).

But yeah, I was thinking that while it doesn't increase it that much, having one person on defense with the Skybolt would be overall very good for the team. If you could land a few shots before they come in, splashing the flag would become more effective, not to mention the fact that while OR's can normally rocketjump and still OD if they do so for the minimum time, instilling the broken status on a capper who attempts this will cause them to die.

In my code for the package with both, I also include %this.data["Status", "EMP"]. There has been no code for it, but you could make the EMP do any number of things if you so choose. I was personally thinking of something that would drain energy, but there are plenty of other things possible, even for that. Also, if an ELF gun was implemented, I'd assume that it would leave the EMP status after it ceases firing. EMP grenades would as well. You get the idea. I didn't bother coding them but still left it in there as a foundation for someone else.

Added a huge amount of text in the new segment of the document to attempt to help others develop balanceable status effects. A lot of it is just "Don't make OP stuff," but I still think it is going to be helpful to others (hence why I typed it).

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Flammenwerfer/New blaster is so ridiculously OP, one shot on an OR takes him to like 26%

Initial damaged nerfed to 5, so it should be about equivalent to the RL now.

EDIT: I'll update the OP with the downloads to the new versions when I get the chance. My internet is crap right now, so I'll wait until I'm back at college.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Well, I haven't updated the download links yet. My internet is crap right now, so I'll have to wait until I get back to college tonight before I can upload. And we shall see what happens with shatter. I'd love to see a game with these things active.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Well, I haven't updated the download links yet. My internet is crap right now, so I'll have to wait until I get back to college tonight before I can upload. And we shall see what happens with shatter. I'd love to see a game with these things active.
I'm down to play one