Sentinel with dual cores

Sentinel class with dual cores

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Konflict

I was thinking that the Sentinel class should have dual cores because it is hardly used and mostly played on the defensive role. Everyone knows that overdrive core is the best one for this class. Also, seeing that the regeneration core was removed from the US servers, maybe making it only available to Sentinels will be best thing for it. To prevent overpowering, make it so that players can only activate one core at a time, when this is done, regeneration core or both cores will have to cool down.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
I dunno. I think it'd be a bit confusing for players having to switch between two different Core types on the fly. And, of course, there's the whole balancing issue.

Mahidhar

Define "Defensive Role".

The way Sentinel is right now, it's doing a piss poor job of being defensive. No class feels frightened when entering a Sentinel's hold point. Ignoring the fact that all the maps designed in this game naturally work against the class, it certainly has no effective/efficient weapon that it could use specific to it's class. And don't even think of mentioning the Mortar to me. It's barely useful if at all, in the base.

Try and hit a guy with a Mortar who keeps jumping from one elevated point to another. The same goes for the Cluster. These weapons are only useful in the long range, but are in no way effective in close range. What's the use of having the highest health when you can't even defend yourself from a light, in your base? The way things are right now, Sentinel is definitely not the most surviving class.

What a Sentinel needs right now is not Core 2 Duo. It needs proper close range weapons which can deal good amounts of damage, enough to make the little Outrider piss in his armour.

Freeman

RAYTANG
The way Sentinel is right now, it's doing a piss poor job of being defensive. No class feels frightened when entering a Sentinel's hold point. Ignoring the fact that all the maps designed in this game naturally work against the class, it certainly has no effective/efficient weapon that it could use specific to it's class. And don't even think of mentioning the Mortar to me. It's barely useful if at all, in the base.

Try and hit a guy with a Mortar who keeps jumping from one elevated point to another. The same goes for the Cluster. These weapons are only useful in the long range, but are in no way effective in close range. What's the use of having the highest health when you can't even defend yourself from a light, in your base? The way things are right now, Sentinel is definitely not the most surviving class.

What a Sentinel needs right now is not Core 2 Duo. It needs proper close range weapons which can deal good amounts of damage, enough to make the little Outrider piss in his armour.
it honestly sounds to me like you want a crutch for your (possible) lack of dueling skills.

Heavies are still in every pickup/competitive match. why? cause its *dancing* useful. teams have lost because they lack a half decent heavy.

you want a close range weapon? Use the RL, CG or GL(?).
Cant defend yourself in your own base? A)get a better stay at home, or B) L2 DUEL.

it also sounds like you play way too much pubs. so duh, everything sucks in pubs.

57thEnryu

dude, I loved the old mortar b/c it made the HoF soooo OP. Then I had to stop using the mortar while hoffing (b/c it wouldn't explode on impact with a player) and change it out for the rocket launcher...still kinda the same result. So to say the heavy is bad at defense is just wrong. I mean you don't use the heavy for its dueling the LO, that's the job of the LD. You use the heavy for its sheer size/iOD to stop players from grabbing the flag and its extra health to hold onto the flag longer. In that sence it is the most effective defensive tool you have.

Also, it is very useful for e-grabs and getting the enemy hof of the stand/weakening him.

Mahidhar

it honestly sounds to me like you want a crutch for your (possible) lack of dueling skills.

Heavies are still in every pickup/competitive match. why? cause its *dancing* useful. teams have lost because they lack a half decent heavy.

you want a close range weapon? Use the RL, CG or GL(?).
Cant defend yourself in your own base? A)get a better stay at home, or B) L2 DUEL.

it also sounds like you play way too much pubs. so duh, everything sucks in pubs.

Don't assume that someone is a low-skill player just because they're at the other end of the argument. That just shows your (possible) lack of understanding.

I was talking about the Sentinel independently, not when in a team. All three typical weapons you mentioned are useful but not as much as they are for lighter floaty classes. The more maneuverable you are, the more it's harder to hit you. You can shoot at the guy well and good but the amount of damage you take is much higher when pitted against a lighter class, especially considering how most of the maps are designed and the common habit of Outriders jumping in and out of spots for cover.

A weapon specific to the class which compensates for it's movement and deals high enough damage to lighter classes is definitely something that should be made, so they think twice before going up against a Sentinel one on one.

Freeman

RAYTANG
Don't assume that someone is a low-skill player just because they're at the other end of the argument. That just shows your (possible) lack of understanding.
someones offended. i didnt assume you,or anyone, was "low skilled". thats why i put in (possible).
I was talking about the Sentinel independently, not when in a team. All three typical weapons you mentioned are useful but not as much as they are for lighter floaty classes. The more maneuverable you are, the more it's harder to hit you. You can shoot at the guy well and good but the amount of damage you take is much higher when pitted against a lighter class, especially considering how most of the maps are designed and the common habit of Outriders jumping in and out of spots for cover.
this is a team oriented game, but okay, lets use your 1v1 scenario. what you want is something that is only accessible for a heavy, and can punish an OR so they cant do anything to you. sounds a little inba.
anything they can use, you can use as well. i played heavy last night in a pickup where i found myself against 2 lights. It wasnt that hard to beat them. 1 MA plus some chain can easily take them out. A heavy has a lot of health. beacuse of this, movement has to be reduced. OR have less health, and they have more movement. If your letting an OR take pot shots at you, youre doing it wrong, you should still be moving around taking cover. if they are chaining you out, well a new weapon isnt gonna do anything about that.
A weapon specific to the class which compensates for it's movement and deals high enough damage to lighter classes is definitely something that should be made, so they think twice before going up against a Sentinel one on one.
MA them. they're pretty much dead :/

57thEnryu

yeah, the heavy is pretty balanced as it is now, with that said tho, it seems they are rather easily pwned due to their lack of quick movement...

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
If you play on Texas, Triad and some other devs/PTs worked on a heavy cluster. Try it out. It's pretty damn awesome.

Mahidhar

someones offended. i didnt assume you,or anyone, was "low skilled". thats why i put in (possible).

this is a team oriented game, but okay, lets use your 1v1 scenario. what you want is something that is only accessible for a heavy, and can punish an OR so they cant do anything to you. sounds a little inba.
anything they can use, you can use as well. i played heavy last night in a pickup where i found myself against 2 lights. It wasnt that hard to beat them. 1 MA plus some chain can easily take them out. A heavy has a lot of health. beacuse of this, movement has to be reduced. OR have less health, and they have more movement. If your letting an OR take pot shots at you, youre doing it wrong, you should still be moving around taking cover. if they are chaining you out, well a new weapon isnt gonna do anything about that.

MA them. they're pretty much dead :/

I'm not offended at all. I also included "possible" so you don't think I assumed that you were ignorant, only that it is possible.

I know how team oriented this game is but there are plenty of scenarios where you are one on one with another class. Heck, there are even more number of situations where you're pitted against multitudes of lights. My point is that the class is a Heavy. By principle it is a class to be feared or atleast something which is to be dealt with carefully. That is why heavy classes always take on the role of point holders. As of now, this is not the case. When you close in on the class as a light you don't get that feeling.

"MA them and they're dead" Yeah... This is when you MA them. Theoretically it sounds well and good but it's nowhere near as easy/same practically. A lot of factors like altitude achieved, map design, health regeneration speed difference between the classes, time taken for initiating health regeneration, energy expense, all work in favour of the light. A lot of health without a proper way of defending itself is just a waste. You want the class to be defensive? Give it a proper defensive weapon.

All I'm saying is that how the class is right now, it's pathetic. Back when it had the Mortar with lesser explosion timer and the ability to MA, Raiders and Outriders had to take a deep breath before entering into combat with it. Now, it's back to heavy being easy to pummel. I'm not implying that the old Mortar needs to be back, but that definitely gave us a clue on how the heavy could be an effective and therefore a worthy class to play.

By the way, just so you know I only play the class occasionally. My most played is Raider and the above observations and suggestions are mostly because of the experience from playing against it.

Mahidhar

If you play on Texas, Triad and some other devs/PTs worked on a heavy cluster. Try it out. It's pretty damn awesome.

I did try it out but I am unsure about it's use. Like Cluster Launcher 1, you can't really make the clusters explode on the ground so you can create a compressed explosion. Rather, they just bounce.

Freeman

RAYTANG
I'm not offended at all. I also included "possible" so you don't think I assumed that you were ignorant, only that it is possible.
mmh moving on then
I know how team oriented this game is but there are plenty of scenarios where you are one on one with another class. Heck, there are even more number of situations where you're pitted against multitudes of lights. My point is that the class is a Heavy. By principle it is a class to be feared or atleast something which is to be dealt with carefully. That is why heavy classes always take on the role of point holders. As of now, this is not the case. When you close in on the class as a light you don't get that feeling.
if we're makin a class "feared" by all others, whats to stop every single player in pubs from using it? i dont know where that principle comes from, so im not gonna comment on it.
"MA them and they're dead" Yeah... This is when you MA them. Theoretically it sounds well and good but it's nowhere near as easy/same practically. A lot of factors like altitude achieved, map design, health regeneration speed difference between the classes, time taken for initiating health regeneration, energy expense, all work in favour of the light. A lot of health without a proper way of defending itself is just a waste. You want the class to be defensive? Give it a proper defensive weapon.
what kind of weapon are you asking for then? something with a ridiculous amount of AoE? that doesnt sound to skillful/balanced to me, someone whos been playing a defence in almost every pickup for the since the days of the vent server. defence is OP as it is, but thats a different discussion.

All I'm saying is that how the class is right now, it's pathetic. Back when it had the Mortar with lesser explosion timer and the ability to MA, Raiders and Outriders had to take a deep breath before entering into combat with it. Now, it's back to heavy being easy to pummel. I'm not implying that the old Mortar needs to be back, but that definitely gave us a clue on how the heavy could be an effective and therefore a worthy class to play.
i'll agree with the fact that heavy isnt a class for everyone to use. it takes a bit more skill then others, but its not difficult to pick up.

By the way, just so you know I only play the class occasionally. My most played is Raider and the above observations and suggestions are mostly because of the experience from playing against it.
duly noted

Sin

Private Tester
All I'm saying is that how the class is right now, it's pathetic.
well+_dec1a595f1418adbd2b91085ee452327.jpg

No. Just....No. The heavy is in no way pathetic. It is not meant to be a dueling class. If you give it close range weapons that give it ability to fight offense, then the need for a stay at home will become nonexistent.
The heavy is the most overpowered class at the moment, just not in dueling. Again, it's not meant to duel. It already is the scariest defensive thing in the game, if you use it right. I play heavy every time in pickups (the actually sort of competitive games in legions in case you didn't know). I know the class inside and out, strengths and weaknesses. It is weak in dueling more mobile classes, yes. It's supposed to be.
Give the heavy two cores and it will become even more powerful. I never see you in pickup games, you can't judge anything in this game from pubs, it's nowhere near the same.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Well sentinel with dual cores is silly and overpowered, if you come up with a genuine new idea for a weapon put it in the Suggestions section. Sentinel is a hard class to play, yes, but with defense and a somwhat coherant use of the weapons you'll be fine. You'll die lots (but who doesn't? [besides me])

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-rainbow-dash-nyan.gif

Thank-you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.