Download Scripting Tutorial

Arch

Legions Developer
I haven't seen anyone on the community make one yet so I thought I would give it a try. The zip contains two .cs files. They can be place in the mods folder and will be seen in-game. One is a little box in the middle of the screen that has blinking text. The other is a little weapon gui in the bottom-left of the screen.

The scripts are usable in-game but I also went through and explained how the functions and the gui elements work to my best ability. I thought we could use a larger modding community. The bulk of people here don't know how to write the scripts well and understand them. The two scrips aren't of high level scripting, they are pretty simple and ordinary. I think they should be able to at least help some others of the community learn how the functions and gui elements inside of them work and display.

There may be some typos, Notpad++ doesn't have spell check (to my understanding). Again, I tried to explain the functions and what-not to the best of my ability. Have fun.

Side Note: Get Notepad++ if you are interested in scripting. It helps big time. It is also easier to read these files when opened in Notepad++.
Notepad++ Download

Download

More In-Depth tutorial made by 3Lionz.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZlImat0uvW1gAcTOtF8AqlJoEU-N65fUYVGZGtH4vJc/edit

3lionz

Legions Developer
lol are you finally releasing it?
Yeah... may as well. I mean its probably outdated, and I will have made mistakes but what the hell.

I will post it here tomorrow, despite it not being finished, so people can have a look/edit it.

On a side note, posting on forums with an iTouch is laggy and frustrating.

I

IzRaPiDz

Thank you Arch, i really needed this. Hopefully, when i fully learn to script, I'll be making so many mods because i have nothing else better to do. On other note, i actually think this language is similar to PHP (in my eyes) so i will probably get this hang of this quite easy.