Regen core suggestions.

Fixious

Test Lead
Been thinking about regen core lately since I've been using it more than usual. What do you think about giving the player regen only on the AOE burst? The regen itself could be buffed to compensate for this, as would the cooldown. No one really uses regen while on a route or moving because it drains energy, only on stay D. You already get regen when standing still or walking around, so it seems a bit redundant to have a core that does the same thing basically. Giving a larger chunk of regen only on the AOE burst to you and surrounding players might be a better fit for a regen core.

I also think giving points based on how many people you regen in the AOE would be nice, too. It was talked about before between Poponfu and myself but we never really settled on how many points each player should represent. 5 points per player might good.

Thoughts?

Poponfu

Lead Developer
The way its setup now , if you are looking to heal yourself, you don't want to AOE or even hold it for very long. The healing is mostly before the -self- AOE which is almost nothing on yourself and for teammates benefit really. You also have about half the cooldown not AOEing. Its really hard to use this and survive the other way around when dueling we found in a good bit of testing.

Points thing sounds good.

Last edited:

Maxter

Pretty sad to see no one take interest in this core. Well, here's my two cents. I don't think it's right to penalize regen core users by disabling auto heal specifically for them, since that exists for everyone. Even though I can use the core to heal myself and barely ever wait for the auto heal anymore, there are times I want to save it for emergencies, that's when I let auto heal do it's job.

Having said that, if you really want to give this core a more central place in the game, disable all auto heal. I expect, at that point, there'll be no one playing the game. That's how this community works right? :rolleyes:

Points distribution however, I got nothing to suggest. While I would like to see some form of recognition through points, it's not something I will lose sleep over. I'm sure you guys will figure something out.