Raider class change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Harsh, dude. I understand that hearing people gripe all the time can be frustrating, but if you don't want our comments about the game and rather we'd all shut up, perhaps you should take down the forums.

Aw, come on, we've seen Mabe be a LOT more blunt and mean than that. =)

I actually like the idea of a Pre-Netfix server. Give folks the chance to play on it again, and realize how good we all have it now.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Instead of that, you guys should focus on the balancing issues, people described here.

Personally, Seymour would rather see new content added to the game (which may resolve some of the issues players in this thread are feeling) than constantly tweak the existing game.

Though I do agree about hosting a 'pre-netflix' server and that it does seem like a waste of focus.

Mots0311

Interesting discussion, I was just thinking these things as well. I was also thinking that the Outrider jets seems to not last as long. But now I'm confident that its all in my mind.

DeadGuy

Legions Developer
Just double checked all the player physics variables manually:
Everything is the same.

Edit: As to the Outrider and Sentinel interaction, players are getting better and finding that more maneuverability often trumps the tank classes. We can work around this as the community develops their "average skill" but so far I do not see any problems with evenly skilled players. As said earlier, Sentinels are for specific uses and not a juggernaut all-powerful class. Keep in mind too that iOD is a very powerful ability if used correctly.
On that note, things are coming (so far so good) that will add some extra fun and might lend a hand on this topic.

Mabeline

God-Tier
Instead of that, you guys should focus on the balancing issues, people described here.
Not everything takes the same amount of time. It would be very easy to set up servers with the netfix off. Creating stuff isn't nearly as easy as turning off a few variables.

I personally don't really see any balance issues with the game aside from CG being slightly underpowered during chasing (working on a fix) and LR being pretty overpowered in high-level play (we'll see how to fix this later). I'm pretty happy with leaving it until we have more content that DeadGuy is working on.

skypredator

All due respect, if you think halving the timestep of an euler-integrated simulation doesn't significantly change the feel then you haven't thought about it much. I've played both versions (a lot), and the pre-netfix game is almost unbearably unresponsive compared to the current. I'll see if we can put the old version up for a weekend so you can all shut up about that.

With all due respect, you must remember that you, too, are a human, and that you will get blasted for saying rude things to others. I know, I'm just a freshie in highschool. Not to be rude, but that kind of thing drives players away. I suggest that others try to take after Daph; generally speaking, he's one of the best Devs ever, in my opinion. I realize we're giving you a hard time, Mabel. But then again, we must bring up subjects/concerns/ideas to answer our questions. I certainly wouldn't want to play a game that had what I thought were problems/holes in the gameplay structure. We've got to think ahead, and outside the box. Let's try to move forward. Mahidhar thinks the Raider is slower than normal. I find that this is ping relevant. I hate to bring another game into this, but in Combat Arms, if the game freezes, I find that all of my speed gear/sprint stamina do not speed me up. I think that the Netfix isn't working at times when the ping is horrendously disfigured. I could be wrong, though. I find that the splash damage for the GL is slightly more effective than before, and the Radii is increased when I play with lower Ping. It may be a hole in the server. I may be wrong, on the other hand. Secondly, Daph, I do believe that most other players who think that something is wrong with the game do not advocate for themselves for fear of getting banned. I, however, am not afraid of that. Ban me if you wish. I think that if the "Il Duce's" of Legions took a slightly more friendly approach, such as creating a section in the forums entitled "Voice Your Problems With The Game Here", more people would come forth and tell you what they think could be done in order to make Legions a better game. Legions, IMO, should be more of a Democratic game, rather than Totalitarian. I realize the Devs, Testers, and Moderators put much of their time into this; what I am saying is that these people are afraid of being banned for their ideas. It's sort of a censorship, or at least I feel that way.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Secondly, Daph, I do believe that most other players who think that something is wrong with the game do not advocate for themselves for fear of getting banned. I, however, am not afraid of that. Ban me if you wish. I think that if the "Il Duce's" of Legions took a slightly more friendly approach, such as creating a section in the forums entitled "Voice Your Problems With The Game Here", more people would come forth and tell you what they think could be done in order to make Legions a better game. Legions, IMO, should be more of a Democratic game, rather than Totalitarian. I realize the Devs, Testers, and Moderators put much of their time into this; what I am saying is that these people are afraid of being banned for their ideas. It's sort of a censorship, or at least I feel that way.

I don't know, seems like with the amount of discussion that goes on in the Suggestions/Bugs forums, people don't really seem intimidated by posting their thoughts and issues concerning the game. In fact, there seems to be no shortage of ideas from the community concerning Legions: Overdrive and how to improve the game. As for the 'Voice Your Problems With The Game Here' idea, there's already a section for that, it's the 'Bugs' forum.

Mabeline

God-Tier
Mahidhar thinks the Raider is slower than normal. I find that this is ping relevant. I hate to bring another game into this, but in Combat Arms, if the game freezes, I find that all of my speed gear/sprint stamina do not speed me up. I think that the Netfix isn't working at times when the ping is horrendously disfigured. I could be wrong, though. I find that the splash damage for the GL is slightly more effective than before, and the Radii is increased when I play with lower Ping. It may be a hole in the server. I may be wrong, on the other hand.
That is simply impossible with our tech as is. Ping has exactly 0 effect on the way your player or projectiles are simulated. Players and projectiles act exactly the same regardless of your ping.

To suggest that we would ban people for dissenting opinions is ludicrous. While we may not agree with your opinions we will never stop you from sharing them as long as you do so in a respectful manner.

Propkid

I might be a bit off topic but the NetFix has been a bit too nice to CG. Not that the other guns aren't way easier to MA with, the CG became... more unbearable to be shot at with than before.

Oh, a nice way to see if the Rider is still the same is to try the base2base grab route on Moonshine (drop off under the bridge, RJ, fly to other base). This hasn't changed for me ever since. Same goes for trying to activate OD by flying high up enough and dropping vertically with downjets. These thing haven't changed for me since I started playing Legions, although the drop in lag/ping caused by the NetFix does make me feel way clumsier than in FE:L.
Though I must say that OD used to feel a bit faster ;p

skypredator

Mabel, what I meant was that I thought most players have a "fear" of you. You're Stilgar on steroids. Which would explain why there aren't a whole lot of "problems" being presented by the players, which is odd for a game. Very, very odd.

Mhi200

[...]CG being slightly underpowered during chasing[...]
What?
eek.png

Buhlitz

I play OR pretty much exclusively, usually chain/rocket. And I'll say, despite being SUPER maneuverable, which was always the point of a light armor, it's extremely fragile. Often times if I ever even cap in one life it's with almost no health. 2 sniper shots, which can be pulled off ridiculously quick kills it. A bit of chain and it's OD is useless.

On the other hand, I've played and played with many heavy's that are capable of playing HO effectively, or SAH or HOF or on maps like Moonshine or Nivo be effective cappers. I hardly feel the problem with legions is the imbalance between the sent and the or. If iOD is removed or weakened then maybe I'd see an argument. In fact in PUG's i've always got the feeling from other players that we really should use a sent on D otherwise they were questioning my defensive layout. Not really sure where some people are coming from to be quite honest.

The skiing feels great as it always has.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Mabel, what I meant was that I thought most players have a "fear" of you. You're Stilgar on steroids. Which would explain why there aren't a whole lot of "problems" being presented by the players, which is odd for a game. Very, very odd.
I dunno, there's currently 176 discussions and 3369 messages in the Suggestions forum, and 171 discussions and 1050 messages in the Bugs forum; That doesn't seem very under represented for a game with a smaller community. If you're so intimidated by Mabel, fret not, Seymour's always here to listen to your concerns!

Outlawl

Macabre
respectful manner.
I'll see if we can put the old version up for a weekend so you can all shut up about that.

While I'm being annoying, I think this deserves a little bit more attention:
That being said, I understand completely how the general Legions community suspects such changes, especially given the development team's history of silent changes (the outrider health boost, or the original splash change).

skypredator

Seymour, I meant a thread where users could voice their opinion on what part of the game sucks. Majority votes would be then involved in deciding what changes to the game are to be made. Just an idea. But IMO, that kind of thread needs to be created.

Mabeline

God-Tier
http://instantaction.wikidot.com/overdrive

Watch the video. Either overdrive was faster back in the IA days, or my observation skills suck. And they don't.
I counted six heartbeats to get across the middle in outrider. Starting OD in the same place and ending in the same place takes the same number of heartbeats. Quite honestly, this line of inquiry is boring and quite tiresome. I've told you that mathematically we haven't changed anything except the tickrate when it comes to player physics. You continue to assert that the physics have changed even though two developers (the lead designer and the lead programmer) have told you that neither the values nor the code have changed. You are simply, empirically, wrong.

Seymour, I meant a thread where users could voice their opinion on what part of the game sucks. Majority votes would be then involved in deciding what changes to the game are to be made. Just an idea. But IMO, that kind of thread needs to be created.
Design-by-committee guarantees a poorly directed and inefficient experience. While we certainly listen (and intend to continue to listen) to the community's feedback, voting on the actual direction of the game is a recipe for failure.

While I'm being annoying, I think this deserves a little bit more attention:
It happened, it was quite an unfortunate miscommunication. We intend to inform the community when we make changes more completely than we did before. We will document gameplay changes for the public as we make them (as we have stated elsewhere).

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Well, this thread seems to have run its course (and veered quite far from the OP topic, it seems!). Locked.

Hopefully with Patch Notes detailing game changes, there will be less fear from the community that we're 'pulling wool over your eyes' or making changes that benefit specific developers playstyles.

Status
Not open for further replies.