Quick teaser of things to come!

Fixious

Test Lead
0KoV83d.jpg

Mind you the GUI is still getting worked on, along with other features (squad leader commands, and more!). Feel free to post questions and suggestions below.

Armageddon

Teapot
Would be nice if the squad leader could move players where he/she wants them, so when setting up for a pug or match everyone is not asking "what am i playing" 800 times.

Fixious

Test Lead
The plan is to allow squad leaders to pick a color, so yes. I'm not sure how many, probably less than ten. A max of 6 squads will be allowed (including the default Offense and Defense squads) as far as I know.

Vitality

can there be a way to have a waypoint for cappers to meet up at so they can do their routes together? like squad waypoint? i think that would be useful for other things too

Poponfu

Lead Developer
can there be a way to have a waypoint for cappers to meet up at so they can do their routes together? like squad waypoint? i think that would be useful for other things too

Yeah its in the works.. there will ideally be a command map sort of thing and a bind to do what you are looking for.

Fixious

Test Lead
An update:

There are no plans for a 1.5 at the moment but here are some things being worked on the side still.

Squads have been (if not obvious) pushed aside for the moment. Things were progressing nicely, but certain events came in the way that stopped development indefinitely. The same goes for Engineer, FCNC and CNC. Hopefully things can get sorted out sometime in the future. These devs are still floating around and concerning engineer at least plan to finish v2,0 at some point.

There are plans to implement an auto-charge option for the sniper rifle. So instead of holding it down to charge, you'll have the option to simply click to charge and fire when ready.

A new demo feature is in the works that will allow you to switch between any player's point of view within a demo you've recorded, along with the ability to freely roam around the demo. So instead of being limited to just your POV when watching a demo, it'll be more like entering Spectator Mode similar to this video of Tribes 1. Later after this update the keyframe options of the demoControls HUD will be implemented.

A map voting system has been in development for a while now. You'll finally be able to vote Frostbyte out of existence.

Please note that these are pretty much side-projects, and only receive updates when the developers have time to work on them. I'm not guaranteeing all, or any of these features will go live. Other smaller things like weapons and cores could pop up also , your feedback is greatly appreciated.

What else would you guys like to see added ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would just like the option the view health as a bar instead of a %, like Tribes 2. I can't think of anything else right now.