Questions - Friend System/Party System/Customizing Server

poiuyt580

When Legions comes back, will the friend and party system still exist?
Also, will player hosted servers be able to be customized? As in, disable certain weapons/allow certain ones? What will be the player cap in a server? Lastly, will there be custom maps and modes of play?

Mindflayr

I would check out the faqs here: http://www.legionsoverdrive.com/faq/

As far as the friend and Party system, I dont think it will work the same way. At least at first. It appears that there will be a master server list and only Official Servers at launch. It wont work like the IA games did through the website.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
FAQ said:
We plan on hosting our own dedicated North American and European servers. Unfortunately we do not have the resources to host Australian or Asian dedicated servers. We’d like to see some sort of system for user dedicated servers to alleviate this issue, and it’s something we’re looking into, but don’t have any further information at this time.
We are investigating ways to allow users to host their own games, but out of security and community unity concerns, for the near future players can only join official dedicated servers.

I think user hosting is not in the picture as of right now.

Damn you Mind :mad:

BeefThief

Beefy Member
Without the IA tech, we will just be getting the game. Anything that went along with Legions using the IA tech (server lists, friends list, parties, messages) will have to be added back in by the team, I believe.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Yar, I'd love to see some sort of friend list added. It's something I'll personally harass the L:O team about.

Also: clan tags. You better believe I'll be harassing them about that as well.

A2

I like to go with Clan tags. Because, we have it changed anytime if theres like a clan change or anything. It's better than making a whole new profile with another clan tag username.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Yar, like Nighthawk said don't expect this stuff available right away. I think there's more pressing concerns development-wise at the moment. But these features are definitely near the top of my own personal "need to have" list.

A2

Yar, like Nighthawk said don't expect this stuff available right away. I think there's more pressing concerns development-wise at the moment. But these features are definitely near the top of my own personal "need to have" list.
I understand that, so just keep this suggestion for later patches etc.

BugsPray

Legions Developer
We will be releasing information which of these features will be included and which features wont very soon.