Pure Ice feedback

Stubbsy

Contributor
Alright peeps, I'm needing some feedback on the current map I'm working on. This is not finished yet and need lots of work to be done, as I need to add more interiors, sort the player spawns and just a whole lot more. I'm just needing to know what you guys think so far. It's a difficult map, and as mentioned in the video I'm absolute pathetic at capping.
Thanks guys!

Poponfu

Lead Developer
You need to look into adding VolumeLight and sgLightObject in your interiors and outside where it makes sense. Adding things to fake the source of said lights helps too. Its the biggest thing mappers ignore.

edit: I like the terrain variation , map seems big to me though. Medium maps are happy maps. Base design is nice. Could use some towers / delapatated bases out in the boonies to break things up.

Last edited:

Jello

Contributor
Very nice looking map, only thing is raise that giant bowl in the front a little bit, seems too deep to me but that's my opinion, and the bases are good, but I personally dont like using that one, makes cappers crater right when they grab the flag, but it all depends on the capper and angle he's coming from...but other than that good job, nice to see we have an up coming map maker :D

Stubbsy

Contributor
Very nice looking map, only thing is raise that giant bowl in the front a little bit, seems too deep to me but that's my opinion, and the bases are good, but I personally dont like using that one, makes cappers crater right when they grab the flag, but it all depends on the capper and angle he's coming from...but other than that good job, nice to see we have an up coming map maker :D
Haha, cheers for the feedback, buddy!

Stubbsy

Contributor
You need to look into adding VolumeLight and sgLightObject in your interiors and outside where it makes sense. Adding things to fake the source of said lights helps too. Its the biggest thing mappers ignore.

edit: I like the terrain variation , map seems big to me though. Medium maps are happy maps. Base design is nice. Could use some towers / delapatated bases out in the boonies to break things up.
Yar, the next thing I'll be doing is adding towers and other stuff. And the map is actually the same size as Frostbyte, as I used it for the template.