PuG NIGHT BOYS

Fixious

Test Lead
And FYI, while Spectating press O for the Spectate HUD. Or use the keybinds if you want.

//These two are unchangeable since they won't appear on the list
ObserverMap.bind(mouse, zaxisup, "observerZoomIn");
ObserverMap.bind(mouse, zaxisdown, "observerZoomOut");

AccumulateObserverBinds(true);
//Now, everything that follows will appear on the list
ObserverMap.bind(keyboard, "o", toggleObserverHUD, "Toggle Observer Hud");

ObserverMap.bind(keyboard, "q", followAlphaFlag, "Follow Alpha flag");
ObserverMap.bind(keyboard, "e", followBetaFlag, "Follow Beta flag");

ObserverMap.bind(keyboard, "f", followFastestPlayer, "Follow fastest player");
ObserverMap.bind(keyboard, "v", followNearestPlayer, "Follow closest player");
ObserverMap.bind(keyboard, "r", followNearestProjectile, "Follow closest projectile");

ObserverMap.bind(keyboard, "l", saveCameraPosition, "Save camera position");
ObserverMap.bind(keyboard, 1, selectCameraPosition1, "Select first camera position");
ObserverMap.bind(keyboard, 2, selectCameraPosition2, "Select second camera position");
ObserverMap.bind(keyboard, 3, selectCameraPosition3, "Select third camera position");
ObserverMap.bind(keyboard, 4, selectCameraPosition4, "Select fourth camera position");
ObserverMap.bind(keyboard, 5, selectCameraPosition5, "Select fifth camera position");
ObserverMap.bind(keyboard, 6, selectCameraPosition6, "Select sixth camera position");
ObserverMap.bind(keyboard, 7, selectCameraPosition7, "Select seventh camera position");
ObserverMap.bind(keyboard, 8, selectCameraPosition8, "Select eighth camera position");
ObserverMap.bind(keyboard, 9, selectCameraPosition9, "Select ninth camera position");
ObserverMap.bind(keyboard, 0, selectCameraPosition10, "Select tenth camera position");

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Been talking to a couple of people and a couple of things have come up, namely whether to ban double HoF and whether to make the laser rifle instant again (Perhaps with some damage nerf). Seeing as Pugs seem to actually be happening on a weekly basis now it'd be good to check everyone's opinions on those.

Also, perhaps we could have a little bit more variety in maps being played? So far we've managed to get frost and zenith played both nights and then fallout and whiteout then being played as a 'wildcard' map. What maps do people want played other than these?

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
All the maps that are playable (Bigger maps for bigger teams like Blade Run or Forgotten)

Yeah those are maps I would call unplayable. Blade Run is too large for the game to feel tight and with how Forgotten's mid section is shaped so it stupidly easy to run side routes that turn into back2fronts with no effort.

Xzanth

Legions Developer
Possibly won't be here for tonight's pug (20fps on family laptop + 150 ping + racing tomorrow) so hopefully nothing goes wrong with the servers.
Also, perhaps we could have a little bit more variety in maps being played? So far we've managed to get frost and zenith played both nights and then fallout and whiteout then being played as a 'wildcard' map. What maps do people want played other than these?
+1 frostbyte is boring.
The Core is the best map in the game so of course that should be played. I like both Fallout and Zenith and in my opinion Forgotten is worth a try, I've never seen it pugged since the bases were moved closer together and the mid was re-done but I might just have missed it and if there are a large amount of people mirage is not the worst map, remember pubbing it with 32 people when the EU servers surged.

Last edited:

Fixious

Test Lead
I always thought double HoF was banned. Also, lol at instant sniper. Just remove that silly weapon already. Zenith is almost always a *chocolate cookies* map for one team, usually Alpha since the few cappers we have left don't know any good routes against Beta. It's rarely ever a close game.

Maps I wouldn't be opposed to trying out:

Sleepwalker
Gorge
Qualm (recently updated by Ucan)

Contingency re-did Mirage long ago and made getting from base to base through the middle easier, though was never added to the server.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
Dunno about that one, I've never felt it plays well at all in pubs. Front routes I feel are too easy to run.
Pro-Tip: The map was intentionally made to have easy front routes. Its supposed to play like frost. Use side routes sparingly, and go nuts on the front ones. If people havent figured it out, I dont know what to say... get off Frost and *dancing* Zenith.

My take:

Frost
OTtN
Zenith (if its a large group)
The Core (if its a large group)
Qualm: Never played, but im game.

Lastly, I may still have New Mirage, if it can be put in, we can try it. I know the people that tried it, liked the direction it was going.

EDIT: I, in fact, have New Mirage still, but it was done on the OG map editor, out of the game. Due to the different coding, I cant get it to show up in game. Adding it in, plus the Config changes dont show it. Id need to give it to someone who can look over the files in note-pad and figure out wtf is up.

EDIT 2: I have made Mirage work. If it can be put in, its good to go.

Last edited:

Fixious

Test Lead
Pro-Tip: The map was intentionally made to have easy front routes. Its supposed to play like frost. Use side routes sparingly, and go nuts on the front ones. If people havent figured it out, I dont know what to say... get off Frost and *dancing* Zenith.

My take:

Frost
OTtN
Zenith (if its a large group)
The Core (if its a large group)
Qualm: Never played, but im game.

Lastly, I may still have New Mirage, if it can be put in, we can try it. I know the people that tried it, liked the direction it was going.

EDIT: I, in fact, have New Mirage still, but it was done on the OG map editor, out of the game. Due to the different coding, I cant get it to show up in game. Adding it in, plus the Config changes dont show it. Id need to give it to someone who can look over the files in note-pad and figure out wtf is up.

I have it, and it works fine in 1.4. Best thing to do is simply plop the files in your missions folder, host a game, then enter this into the console:

Server::loadMission("legions/data/missions/MapName.mis", "CTF");

If that doesn't work then maybe we have different versions after all. This is what mine looks like.

Dino

a1852bac2a269086baeb37efa5769b58.png
Good to see lots turned up