PuG Changes

Crisis12096

Nobody will wait 50 minutes to play, I guarantee you that. Pugs are meant to be more fun than serious.

If there's nobody waiting to play in the ts3 channel, just swap some players around and play another map. At least this way it can go a bit faster, but if there are players waiting let them play. Somehow, either by picking new teams or assimilating them into the current ones (if there's enough).
I don't see the need for some these rules, but I'm glad someone is trying.
Sniper limit is definitely one of the rules that is needed.

Mukhtar

well, if people join while the first pug is going on, they're going to have to wait AT LEAST 50mins to play. (given that their isnt any OT. [including max OT would be about 1hr and 4 mins])

can someone tell me why there has to be a set of 2 games? is this something new? this is honestly starting to sound a lot like scrim/tournament rules.
The people that didn't get picked will have priority. "Just Played" channels helps with the traffic quiet a bit, but i'm not entirely sure if in ts you can link two or more different channels as you can in mumble. This setup is made to be very friendly with a larger community as to where 2-3 people leave while they wait for a pug, it hardly matters, but atm if 2-3 people leave it hinders the whole pug. It also adds alot of map variety instead of just FROST FROST FROST FROST and maybe elegiac from time to time. I have great hopes for tingency's project and i'm certain it wont be FROST-ZENITH over and over.

It really isn't as bad as you'd think it would be, once we get the going it wont surprise me at all to see 2-3 pugs going on at once. If any wait time, it'll only be 5-10 minutes if we synch up the pugs. Some people might join the TS midway and might have to wait longer, but if it really doesn't work out even then, then we will just stick to 1 pug per set.

Mukhtar

Does not compute.
The people that didn't get picked will have priority. "Just Played" channels helps with the traffic quiet a bit, but i'm not entirely sure if in ts you can link two or more different channels as you can in mumble. This setup is made to be very friendly with a larger community as to where 2-3 people leave while they wait for a pug, it hardly matters, but atm if 2-3 people leave it hinders the whole pug. It also adds alot of map variety instead of just FROST FROST FROST FROST and maybe elegiac from time to time. I have great hopes for tingency's project and i'm certain it wont be FROST-ZENITH over and over.
Very hard to compute, indeed.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
I understand the basic logic behind all of it. Muks just trying to get more people to play pugs/interested in them as they dont happen that much. I believe hes kinda doing it to keep things in line and not have random things happen like "oh 2 games, ggs im done."

Ill admit that the attempt is good, but the execution needs some work. just my 2 cents

Sin

Private Tester
More and more people are hoping on to play pugs now it seems and I'm hoping to revise the ruleset Ucan laid out a bit to improve gameplay.

Changes:
Sniper limit: 1
Maps Played: 2 (Frosty, x) or (x,x) if the captains are up for it. This is to add variety and everybody loves Frosty. Teams are nearly never even. Just keep rotating unless both teams want to play twice. Also remember those waiting to play.
OT: Yes, if both captains agree on it. Obviously. OT should always be played.
Third map TIE: No. Refer to earlier text.
Main vs: 7v7
7v7: Frosty, Elagiac, Zenith (perfectly playable in 7v7 imo), Core
8v8 : Zenith, Elagiac, Fallout, Core, Frosty
9v9 : Fallout, Forgotten. Heavy O can be banned in these maps if both the captains agree on it, hardly anyone runs it, but is quite annoying especially in a 9v9.
banned cores: regen/warp (server crashes ruin the mood, atleast until 1.4) LOL. No.
Ever since you got the PuG on that one night you seem to think of yourself as PuG God. You ain't son. You ain't. Good effort with all of this, but just calm down.

1.4 is getting closer, but let's not plan around it right now.

Xtreme

shaska's bff
I don't really see many changes because most of what you are saying is done through common sense. Things like this have been tried before but from my experience making rules will not matter for guys who in the end will just take the easiest way. What really I still don't understand is why it should take so long (20+ min) to start pickups.. in t1 server admins were just switching to tournament mode, making teams and starting after 5 min

btw 12/12/12 where are you perkele???

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
Muk has a point, at least hes trying to get *chocolate cookies* done, and not flop around with 'hey lets start a pug!' and having 90% of the pubs server say no...

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
i dont see how this is relevant to this thread at all.
Ever since you got the PuG on that one night you seem to think of yourself as PuG God.
Muk has a point, at least hes trying to get *chocolate cookies* done, and not flop around with 'hey lets start a pug!' and having 90% of the pubs server say no...
I was referring to the fact that for awhile it was exactly that. "you guys wanna do a pug?"
Player1:"Nope no thanks"
Player2:"Not really"
Player3:"No"
Player4:"Sure"
Player5:"No"
Player6"No"
Player7"Not tonight"
ect... ect...

The attempt to change how its done is off, but at least hes trying to keep it going.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
31737089.jpg

I'm pretty sure we don't need something like this right now, especially when the ideas aren't very precise or well explained. Also there are a lot of idiots so it wouldn't work out anyway. Think about all of the other "rules" that failed. Honestly the community is small enough where you shouldn't really care about setting rules, especially since the game isn't fully tested.

And contingency, asking around in a pug for people who want to play isn't bad or unorganized. I'm not sure what the problem is. There are no real ways to start a pug besides having a large enough community who is interested in the game (which you don't) or scheduling one (which should be focused on more than stupid in-game rules).

Fixious

Test Lead
I'd be for sniper limits. And bowl part limits. Seriously, we had 3 people bowl partying us last night. Almost rage quit.