PuG Changes

Mukhtar

More and more people are hoping on to play pugs now it seems and I'm hoping to revise the ruleset Ucan laid out a bit to improve gameplay.

Changes:
Sniper limit: 1
Maps Played: 2 (Frosty, x) or (x,x) if the captains are up for it. This is to add variety and everybody loves Frosty.
OT: Yes, if both captains agree on it.
Third map TIE: No.
Main vs: 7v7
7v7: Frosty, Elagiac, Zenith (perfectly playable in 7v7 imo), Core
8v8 : Zenith, Elagiac, Fallout, Core, Frosty
9v9 : Fallout, Forgotten. Heavy O can be banned in these maps if both the captains agree on it, hardly anyone runs it, but is quite annoying especially in a 9v9.
banned cores: regen/warp (server crashes ruin the mood, atleast until 1.4)

Application-1

test bester
Let us rather discuss what ruleset would be nice instead of you laying down the rules.

And I rather have no rules besides the sniper and Heavy rule. I don't know what about US pugs but those very rare european pugs really dont need rules on wich map one may choose. Everyone has common sense anyway and wont pick blade run for a 7v7. All of this might be different for US pugs but I know I would dislike it a lot if I can not play a 9v9 for core because you are telling me so. Core is a big map it works up to 10v10. 10v10 being the max though.

The core rules should speak for itself atm.

And now I wait for your explanation.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I've always been against the idea of playing two maps with the same teams because it leaves people out who are potentially idling in the pickup channel waiting to play. Two maps also takes a long time to play (50 minutes + mess around time) so some people might not be able to play the full hour and thus they miss out pugging for that reason.

Mukhtar

Let us rather discuss what ruleset would be nice instead of you laying down the rules.

And I rather have no rules besides the sniper and Heavy rule. I don't know what about US pugs but those very rare european pugs really dont need rules on wich map one may choose. Everyone has common sense anyway and wont pick blade run for a 7v7. All of this might be different for US pugs but I know I would dislike it a lot if I can not play a 9v9 for core because you are telling me so. Core is a big map it works up to 10v10. 10v10 being the max though.

The core rules should speak for itself atm.

And now I wait for your explanation.
Core is a fine map, but it's never been very popular in NA so I have no idea where to put it. The map selection isn't meant to limit it for anyone, it's just a guideline for what most people will be willing to play on if someone new decides to captain.
I've always been against the idea of playing two maps with the same teams because it leaves people out who are potentially idling in the pickup channel waiting to play. Two maps also takes a long time to play (50 minutes + mess around time) so some people might not be able to play the full hour and thus they miss out pugging for that reason.
The people that didn't get picked will have priority. "Just Played" channels helps with the traffic quiet a bit, but i'm not entirely sure if in ts you can link two or more different channels as you can in mumble. This setup is made to be very friendly with a larger community as to where 2-3 people leave while they wait for a pug, it hardly matters, but atm if 2-3 people leave it hinders the whole pug. It also adds alot of map variety instead of just FROST FROST FROST FROST and maybe elegiac from time to time. I have great hopes for tingency's project and i'm certain it wont be FROST-ZENITH over and over.

Pure

No one likes playing elegiac in eu, zenith is always a really slow game get boring in ten minutes and reactor moon and nivo are rarely picked so playing 2 pugs on Frost in a row is usually what happens or the first one ends players spam/yell gg in chat and dc.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Elegiac is urgh, never seen a pickup game played on reactor. Therefore we're only left with frost for all our small map needs.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I like it, but some of the returns you can do, only way to stop it is with sniper (AKA, T:A). The back slide is still annoying, I think I saw a picture somewhere of how it had been changing not to be so high, and the walls need to be completely in line with each other, some are not and if you are skiing along with your side to the wall you can suddenly crater into the bit that it sticking out.

Fixious

Test Lead
I posted the pic of a lower tower, and I'm well aware of the glitchy walls unfortunately. There's no 'snap to' option in the editor that I'm aware of. I don't think it's actually possible to have them all lined up without any edges. You're better off just making one big shape or simply removing the walls altogether.

Freeman

RAYTANG
Changes:
Sniper limit: 1 Whatever.
Maps Played: 2 What?
OT: No, refraining from doing this please. This is for the majority of the players in the game to decide.
Third map TIE: No. Whatever.
Main vs: 7v7 if you have enough people for an 8v8, play an 8v8. if you have enough for a 9v9, play it. no need to set the limit so low.
7v7: Frosty, Elagiac, Zenith (perfectly playable in 7v7 imo), Core
8v8 : Zenith, Elagiac, Fallout, Core Frostbyte can be played as a 8v8[max]. It works, its been played a lot.
9v9 : Fallout, Forgotten (no heavy o gentlemens rules) why no heavy o? mortar spam? you see that *chocolate cookies* coming a mile away. iod grabs? kill em faster.
banned cores: regen/warp (server crashes ruin the mood)
"Just played" TS channel and how it works: Different from tribes, will explain once i'm home.
honestly, let the euros make their own rules for their own pugs. im sure fapplication can handle things. [and whoever the other euro pug admins are]

Litzer

yeah imo the 7v7 rule is better for actual comp, but if we're just playing pugs it has to be 8v8 unless only 14 people are there.

frosty is fine for 8v8.

Fixious

Test Lead

I think he's saying there should be a minimum of 2 maps played per match with the same teams (best 2 of 3), instead of simply playing one and re-picking.

Freeman

RAYTANG

I think he's saying there should be a minimum of 2 maps played per match with the same teams (best 2 of 3), instead of simply playing one and re-picking.
ah i got it. not sure how i feel about it, but whatever.

Fixious

Test Lead
We're at a point where the same people play, so forming even teams shouldn't be that hard, but shutouts do happen every once in a while.

Mukhtar

Not exactly best of 3. (Way too long of a wait time for people that joined and are waiting mid way). Just gonna play 2 to stretch the map selection, but if it does come down to where one team literally just wants to win, we'll count up the caps made in both maps and see the <,>. 7 minute OT if it's a =. (This will need to be tested considering there is a possibility of 3 OTs in one PuG).

Application-1

test bester
Muk first of all I still dont agree with all your /rules/.
Second: are you talking about friendly pugs or scrims?
Third: If about pugs then you need to remember pugs are for fun especially with this small community.
Fourth: Why not assign other captains keep switching teams around and keep it a bit fresh? (idk how to put it else but FRESH)
Fifth: Have this picture. Because these rules are getting more of a joke the more you try to explain yourself.
1352912848028.jpg

Freeman

RAYTANG
Not exactly best of 3. (Way too long of a wait time for people that joined and are waiting mid way). Just gonna play 2 to stretch the map selection, but if it does come down to where one team literally just wants to win, we'll count up the caps made in both maps and see the <,>. 7 minute OT if it's a =. (This will need to be tested considering there is a possibility of 3 OTs in one PuG).
well, if people join while the first pug is going on, they're going to have to wait AT LEAST 50mins to play. (given that their isnt any OT. [including max OT would be about 1hr and 4 mins])

can someone tell me why there has to be a set of 2 games? is this something new? this is honestly starting to sound a lot like scrim/tournament rules.

Application-1

test bester
can someone tell me why there has to be a set of 2 games? is this something new? this is honestly starting to sound a lot like scrim/tournament rules.
Just muk thinking we need rules because our pugs are crowded and we can not control it anymore. I think that is his train of thought atleast otherwise it really does not make any sense.

It is not out of control by the way, at all.