Download Project Odyssey

stefygraff

Private Tester
Okay thanks for "good looks" but i need real feedback and suggestions for terrain, is anyone going to help me out with this? Remember, its a community map that means that WE are making it :)

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I could stand to see some more downslopes away from bases. Also, at least from the beta side, it seems really easy to spam front routes.

Karnage

Private Tester
I am with Volt on this. More downslopes away from bases would be good but one also needs to worry about the easymode front routes.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Well, on any given map, side routes will typically be higher speed than front routes, so at least make the steeper hills face sideways/diagonal.

stefygraff

Private Tester
Thanks for feedback, i have a few things to fix on this map, more terrain to modify.
Also we get a strange bug sometimes when we load up the map, must be a problem between relight and objects when connecting(best thing to do if you get this bug is to restart the launcher)

this map is almost done, he d
had a fun pug on it(too bad we had a bug). im happy to see that the community likes it

Sin

Private Tester
Flew around for a little while, noticed that the bases are VERY open, stacked for defense, but the middle is easy to ski through, so that's a plus for the LO. Also good cap routes on both teams and both sides. Balances out pretty well I think, doesn't seem like chasing would be too hard, considering most side routes you come in on you will have to slow down to avoid hitting the boundaries, but there are some nice escape routes. A generally good map, I'd like to see it be played a bit in some pickups. +1 Stefy.

Sin

Private Tester
Found a bug. Whenever the map is left to rotate through a server, Odysseus' structures implant themselves on the next map. Happens if you change the map again, and again. Turns some structures void black. Poison also experienced this on his server before it happened on mine. Tried a restart, no dice.

St3lth

Backend Contributor
Found a bug. Whenever the map is left to rotate through a server, Odysseus' structures implant themselves on the next map. Happens if you change the map again, and again. Turns some structures void black. Poison also experienced this on his server before it happened on mine. Tried a restart, no dice.
It is a known bug and is being worked on.

stefygraff

Private Tester

This is one of the main thing i will try to fix with the next update, im guessing there is a problem related to the. Objects and relight.
On the other hand, its very odd because odysseus blends up with an other map. If i really cant fix it ill need some dev help, but we will see.

Im guessing that this happens with all the maps i made, can someone test this fact?

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
llama'ing as alpha is very easy. If you manage to get over to beta with most of your health as an OR, a single hill and a rocket jump will take you all the way back to your base. Idk how to fix it, but it shouldn't be that easy IMO...

stefygraff

Private Tester
Hmm, same with frostbyte or moonshine. Ill try to flat the bowl at front. But right now my priority is to fix the major graphic bugs

ZanteWarrior

Private Tester
I recommend making under the flag stands where there is like a ditch either make down there a flat surface or extremely rough so that it is not skiable. I think for that map under the flag stand should be a place where defenders can hold the flag away from returns but it shouldnt be skiable at all.

Also the hills that are on the side are a little rough coming off them so you get hurt coming off on cap routes, ill take a look at it today to give you exact places.

stefygraff

Private Tester
Try taking some suggestive screenshots.

Also i had a look over my files, i think i know how to fix the "big bug" , ill doit when i get on the pc

ZanteWarrior

Private Tester
First suggestion is that the area under the flag stand be flat

Legions2012-02-2020-22-25-48.jpg

Starting from alpha and going down from Alpha side there's a bump that slows down and cause damage that should be smother I showed the direction of where you would be coming down where it would hurt and the exact spot with plasmas.

Legions2012-02-2020-23-03-24.jpg
Legions2012-02-2020-23-18-26.jpg

If you are coming from alpha side and you go left there is a hill that gives you speed on the side route towards the enemy base. It gives good lift coming from beta's side but does not do the same if you are coming from alpha it almost makes it unusable if you were to get rid of this little hump of there it would smooth out the route on that side to even out the sides a bit.

Legions2012-02-2020-23-44-54.jpg

Also the hills in the back of the bases are very uneven. Beta's hill gives a high lift and more speeding starting routes in the back that alpha's hills just can not compare with Alpha's back hill needs to be tweaked in a way that gives it better elevation when starting from the back of alpha.

Beta Alpha
Legions2012-02-2020-22-32-03.jpg
Legions2012-02-2020-21-43-82.jpg

Also one thing about this map is that it does not have any back routes at all that do not include using the enemies back hill...
One of the things i believe makes a great map is being able to come at the flag from all angles. But I still like the map though, there other maps out there that do not have back routes but are still maps that are fun to play on. Keep up the good work :)

*Btw is there anyway to make the pictures smaller I could not figure out how to*

stefygraff

Private Tester
Thanks to all that gave me feedback over terrain! I will make sure that all these suggestions will be resolved as soon as possible.

I have only good news for Project Odyssey because i fixed the bug (something related to the terrain and light files)

This new update is just related to that bug. With it being fixed(meaning that you can host servers without getting the odd bug and odd objects texture) I will try to finish the terrain!

Download link for Odysseus update here
(latest version modified on the main post too)
I reapeat: this map has no terrain updates yet.

Before installing it in your missions folder make sure you delete all the other Odysseus maps(just to make sure that the bug dose not appear anymore and to have a certain order in your map folder)

With this being set up and fixed, keep sending me terrain suggestions. Just a side note! This map is one step from finishing right now, and you guys helped a lot on making it all happen, therfore I will sign it "Community made map" and suggest it to the dev team. Even if it means that i need to lose all the credit for creating it(because im not a delevoper) i will try to convince them to make it an official map.

After we finish this map, I will try (hopefully ill get somebody to help me on this too) to organize special Pick-up Games on it!

Sin

Private Tester
This map is one step from finishing right now, and you guys helped a lot on making it all happen, therfore I will sign it "Community made map" and suggest it to the dev team. Even if it means that i need to lose all the credit for creating it(because im not a delevoper) i will try to convince them to make it an official map.
You don't need to be that modest stefy. :p
A round of applause for Odysseus and stefy!