Procedure for Game Crashes (open)

If I try to go to full screen it results in usually an immediate 'windows tried to recover' blue screen followed by restart. Interestingly if I drag the window to fill the screen It doesnt happen.

clean win7 SP1 Build 7601 install, latest Directx11 and ati driver
i7 920/UD5 mobo/ati 5870

couldnt upload console, will try on other computer.

here it is, its not after an immediate crash if that is important let me know.

Attachments

• console.txt
    774.1 KB · Views: 13

MJ1284

If I try to go to full screen it results in usually an immediate 'windows tried to recover' blue screen followed by restart. Interestingly if I drag the window to fill the screen It doesnt happen.

If it's a clean install then it might be a hardware problem. Either your power supply is taking it's last breaths or your graphic adapter has bad drivers/overheats (I remember having some similar problems after updating my 5850 with ATI Catalyst). For latter you can try to
a) roll back your graphic adapter drivers via. Device Manager
b) open your computer with screwdriver and see if your GPU is clogged with dust.

For PSU, I can only suggest buying a new one and trying again.

my whole computer is also new with an 850 watt psu, Can I roll the driver back even though I installed clean with the latest driver?

what version are you running?

I did play full screen for about 20 min. without a problem last night, although it doesnt appear to be rendering the lighting quite right where the back of my character is often a dark grey with no color unless in direct sun light.

cheers

MJ1284

Well, you can always try to roll back to those drivers that came with your copy of Windows, that could do it. You can also check the manufactorer's webpage for FAQ or forums and see if other users have posted about similar behaviour.
As for log file, I can't say much since I'm not a programmer, but when I compared it to mine it looks very similar (interesting enough, I had similar error notifications on my log file too)

As for the rendering issue, if it's there all the time then it's the drivers. If it appears after several minutes of playing then it refers to overheat issue, could you provide a screenshot of this "dark grey" character?
Also, try adjusting ingame Video settings, especially "Foliage" and "Show Light Maps".

this is what it looks like, interestingly Ive been running fullscreen a little bit without many crashes and when it has it hasnt force rebooted my machine like before.

1jpg.jpg

Voltz

I'm having the same issues as jedics. Usually, after 30 to 50 mns playing the game it freezes followed by blue screen and then pc shuts down. Sometimes when I notice that I'm about to get a blue screen during game play, I stop pressing keyboard keys and mouse and then the game stabilizes again. I've checked all the temps and they're low as usual. I always used this pc to play Legions before IA went down and I've not changed any hardware. I play Need For Speed on my pc without any problem, but there's some glitch going on between my pc and Legions that causes it to shut down. Also, I rolled back my card driver (ATI 4670) but no success. I really think my pc is missing something necessary to run Legions properly.

I'll post back if I find a solution.

MJ1284

this is what it looks like, interestingly Ive been running fullscreen a little bit without many crashes and when it has it hasnt force rebooted my machine like before.

I'm pretty sure that little grey part on lower back has always been there. Am I missing something here?

Are you running any special features in the Catalyst software? (ie: anti-aliasing, etc)

Also a possibility, changing Catalyst settings can cause graphic glitches. You could always try to Restore Factory Defaults and see what happens.

I'm having the same issues as jedics. Usually, after 30 to 50 mns playing the game it freezes followed by blue screen and then pc shuts down. Sometimes when I notice that I'm about to get a blue screen during game play, I stop pressing keyboard keys and mouse and then the game stabilizes again. I've checked all the temps and they're low as usual. I always used this pc to play Legions before IA went down and I've not changed any hardware. I play Need For Speed on my pc without any problem, but there's some glitch going on between my pc and Legions that causes it to shut down. Also, I rolled back my card driver (ATI 4670) but no success. I really think my pc is missing something necessary to run Legions properly.

I'll post back if I find a solution.

Interesting, send a copy of your computer specs & Legions "console.log" to devs and see if they can figure it out. Have you tried playing other games than NFS?

i just looked at my first pic post on my laptop, its not as dark at all, so part of the problem is the way my monitor is set up

Voltz

Interesting, send a copy of your computer specs & Legions "console.log" to devs and see if they can figure it out. Have you tried playing other games than NFS?
I also play Quakelive with no problems ever.

Another problem I noticed is that when I first start playing the sentinel is colorful, after a few mns it turns blue and then gray/dark. Raider starts blue and then turns gray/dark.

This's my pc specs and the console.log, hope it helps. Thx

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    35.2 KB · Views: 2
  • console1.txt
    47.7 KB · Views: 1

Voltz

Also a possibility, changing Catalyst settings can cause graphic glitches. You could always try to Restore Factory Defaults and see what happens.
I never change Catalyst settings because every time I did it in the past I ended up with glitches. Long time ago I decided to not touch those settings anymore except for troubleshooting purposes.

LOTS of crashes today, 3 forced reboots in about 10 minutes. In between lots of frame pauses mid game lasting up to 10 seconds.

Do you still want my log file mabel or is one enough?