Private servers for practice.

PierceHardwood

Gemini is looking to secure a private server for practice purposes on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 8:30PM and 10:30PM eastern time. Who do we need to contact in order to do this?

Any help here would be nice, trying to practice in a server where people join freely and randomly is pretty counterproductive.

Thanks in advance.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Depends what region you are in, if American, just go ahead and contact a server admin on ts3 for it.

Freeman

RAYTANG
Depends what region you are in, if American, just go ahead and contact a server admin on ts3 for it.
Attention everyone. Do not listen to this

not all server admins on ts3 have access to give you a server. You will need to contact either deadguy or bugspray to get server info. You can ask around on irc too, if they're online

Disci

Old man
Attention everyone. Do not listen to this

not all server admins on ts3 have access to give you a server. You will need to contact either deadguy or bugspray to get server info. You can ask around on irc too, if they're online

Way to be wrong. Not just DeadGuy and BugSpray can give you pw to private servers.

Yeah, I'll be contacting some server admin today for Saturuday's practice. I learned that most admins are not available on Saturday, so I'll have to ask in advance.

Application-1

test bester
I can always help you if I am online on that time but I only got server admin over DE and NJ. NJ might work if you can not reach anyone else though.

GReaper

Grumpy
Just to make sure people understand...

Myself, BugsPray, SeymourGore and DeadGuy can give you temporary access to the web interface which allows you to get a bit more access and freedom to run what you need, you can generate a new server password, change map and start a new game. Other game admins have permanent access to the web interface to do the same thing, but obviously can't give it to you - so they can change the password on a server, change maps etc, but obviously that's a bit more inconvenient.

I'm around on IRC until about midnight-1am UK time if you need access, but see if you can find a superadmin or game admin in TS3 first.

Hopefully once some of the ingame admin features are a bit more polished, we'll be able to give people access to that instead.

PierceHardwood

Thanks, everyone, for the responses. Big thanks to Apcizzle for setting us up last time.

We used to pester Seymour but he was unavailable last few practices. I think what GReaper suggested might be better suited for us. An admin had popped in to say hi during our practice which accidentally changed the password—we needed to grab hold of him in the middle of practice for disconnected members to rejoin!

Freeman

RAYTANG
Way to be wrong. Not just DeadGuy and BugSpray can give you pw to private servers.

Those two are on teamspeak the most (at least bugs is), and thats where a lot of people ask for the servers. I remember one person asking every single server admin on teamspeak if he could have a server(myself included).

PierceHardwood

Those two are on teamspeak the most (at least bugs is), and thats where a lot of people ask for the servers. I remember one person asking every single server admin on teamspeak if he could have a server(myself included).

Regrettably, I did that on Tuesday. Apcizzle had stepped out for a moment and I proceeded to contact everyone with an "S" next to their name to get a server. It was 15 minutes in to our practice and everyone was waiting on me. Didn't get a response!

Regrettably, I did that on Tuesday. Apcizzle had stepped out for a moment and I proceeded to contact everyone with an "S" next to their name to get a server. It was 15 minutes in to our practice and everyone was waiting on me. Didn't get a response!

Same thing happened to me when asking for a pivate server weeks ago, when asking the day of. Next time ask ahead of time, because there's a good chance that an admin isn't be available at that time. You, being the leader of the practice, I'm assuming, should be responsible for getting the server ahead of time.

Note that the server's password changes pretty often, within a couple hours because people change the pass, so if you can tell a Dev/Server admin on ts3(that's capable of creating a private server) that you are having practice at a certain time, they would make considerations to join you on ts3, give you the pass, and make sure that everything's running smoothly..

Asking "ahead of time" requires you asking the day, or two days before your practice, in order for things to run accordingly.

At another note, we'd like to scrim you guys in a couple of weeks if that's fine with you :p

PierceHardwood

Same thing happened to me when asking for a pivate server weeks ago, when asking the day of. Next time ask ahead of time, because there's a good chance that an admin isn't be available at that time. You, being the leader of the practice, I'm assuming, should be responsible for getting the server ahead of time.

Thanks for your reply. I actually did join the TS3 channel 2 days in advance looking to get a leg-up, so as to have a smooth "transaction" come the night of our practice. I was actually told the opposite, that I'd need to come in the day of, the time of!

I echo the sentiment from everybody in this thread of looking forward to a more independent system of setting up servers.

Out of ignorance and the curiosity that arises as a result, why can't we host games with "Legions: Overdrive"?

Thank you for your scrim request, I'll pass it on to Gemini's leaders, Castor and Pollux.

As GReaper already mentioned, don't forget about IRC.

Thank you. I think we stopped trying IRC just out of personal experience of never being able to get ahold of someone in there. That's why I posted in the forums, and so far people have been much more responsive and helpful in TS3. But we will keep that in mind.

Disci

Old man
Thank you. I think we stopped trying IRC just out of personal experience of never being able to get ahold of someone in there. That's why I posted in the forums, and so far people have been much more responsive and helpful in TS3. But we will keep that in mind.

Maybe because on IRC you have to wait atleast 30 secs and give time to someone react before closing the browser and walking away. This is pretty common when people who are new to that thingy joins.

You should know I guess...

PierceHardwood

Maybe because on IRC you have to wait atleast 30 secs and give time to someone react before closing the browser and walking away. This is pretty common when people who are new to that thingy joins.

You should know I guess...

Sorry, Disci. Don't get the wrong idea. I meant no offense.

Last few times I went in IRC, it was only to type '!TS3' to get the TS3 server info, thus why I appeared for such a short time.

Disci

Old man
Sorry, Disci. Don't get the wrong idea. I meant no offense.

Last few times I went in IRC, it was only to type '!TS3' to get the TS3 server info, thus why I appeared for such a short time.

No worries! Actually I meant to say that to anyone who happens to read this thread and is wondering how to use IRC or why no one has answered to them when they have used it before. Dunno why I quoted you there... :(