Private Server !

Sea_Shepherd_Crew

there will be some update later about creating private games?
as it was before on InstantAction. as the ping me a very bad run in the U.S. server etc.
frown.png
, and my friends from my country too, I'm from Chile South America.

Thanks
biggrin.png

A2

http://www.legionsoverdrive.com/faq/ said:
We are investigating ways to allow users to host their own games, but out of security and community unity concerns, for the near future players can only join official dedicated servers.

If you are able to host a dedicated server in Asia/Pacific or Australian regions, please contact BugsPray.

Hope for the best, buddy!

Sea_Shepherd_Crew

but you have to pay to have a server?
I have no way to pay for a server to chile
frown.png

I have many friends who play legions, but were connected to legionsoverdrive and left with the problem of ping. and it would be beautiful to create private server as it was before
rolleyes.png

Thanks

The point of the quote was to show you that they are currently developing the ability for players to host their own games, not that you should pay monies for another official server. Although I think your friends would certainly be able to enjoy the game better on an official server.
wink.png

ye, the server issue is a big problem for legions future. The game is just so fast thats its really not feasibly or competitive if you have to play at anything over 100 ping.

as a result ppl dont play here in Austraila.

Abandoned

In FE:L, I'm used to playing with 100ms or even 350ms. It's more of "point & click" BUT aiming a bit further than you would actually aim with <100ms.

umbballer

but you have to pay to have a server?
I have no way to pay for a server to chile :(

I have many friends who play legions, but were connected to legionsoverdrive and left with the problem of ping. and it would be beautiful to create private server as it was before :rolleyes:

Thanks
On IA you didn't have to pay to have a server and I don't think the devs would do that to us. But you look at how IA ended up and you don't necessarily want to follow up in their footsteps. Also, the server you create would be temporary like it was on IA. A lot of them were used for local games or if you had a Sentinel sized ping.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
On IA you didn't have to pay to have a server and I don't think the devs would do that to us. But you look at how IA ended up and you don't necessarily want to follow up in their footsteps. Also, the server you create would be temporary like it was on IA. A lot of them were used for local games or if you had a Sentinel sized ping.

We don't have the funds to pay for servers; right now, all the dedicated servers currently in operation are running off of donations from the American and European Legions communities. There's also an issue with finding an adequate server host in the Asian or Australian region that isn't prohibitively expensive (that is, something that would be cheap enough to be able to be kept alive solely through donations); the options we've tried so far (specifically, the Singapore-based server) had routing issues and crumpled under the weight of more than a few players.

As far as private servers are concerned, you might want to read up on this thread, umbballer: http://forums.legionsoverdrive.com/threads/when-can-we-host-private-games.1471/