Portal 2

yami

Private Tester
In addition to actively following the discussions on the steam forums, I spent an excruciatingly long time during my play-through of P2 looking (and listening) for info re: the story and references to HL. My PC gaming career basically started with HL1 and I am intensely interested in the storyline. I know that they are both on Earth, I'm just saying that you can't just say that the world that Chell is released into is a world full of headcraBs, zombies, and Combine. It has already been said by Valve that P2 takes place a long time after HL2 Episode 3. Just because something lived on the Earth at one point in time, it doesn't mean it's always like that. Would you say we live in a world full of dinosaurs? For all we know the humans have already beaten the Combine and gotten rid of the headcrabs.

Making assumptions is one thing, but you are saying things to be true based on pure speculation.
Also it looks stupid when you make passive-aggressive accusations and put goofy smileys after them. :confused::p:D:eek::mad:

aren't you also speculating that the world is safe from the aliens, we know that portal 2 happened long after half-life, gordan freeman might be dead and the world is not safe at all :rolleyes::confused::eek:

--edit--

true that gordan did beat these things but in the end there is this worm that pops up in front of gordan, alyx and her father that means the story is not finished yet

ThunderBolt

finally finished the crysis 2, i was shocked when the marine finally speak a sentence at the end lol

A2, which stage you are on now? or you already beat the co-op?

Frosted

I just bought it and now playing it... they consolised the game again!!! If you look at the portal in portal one you could see up to 9 portals now it's max 3 portal.

I just bought it and now playing it... they consolised the game again!!! If you look at the portal in portal one you could see up to 9 portals now it's max 3 portal.
that don't matter, actually it's better because portal 2 have lots of improvements the most notisable is the loading time, i just love it 10 seconds max
and more fps than legions <3 on normal quality and high model quality another <3

Frosted

I think it matter a bit, 9 portal being able to be seen is better than 3 and adds to immersion. If they could do it a few years ago I don't see why the couldn't do more portal being seen beside having to optimize for consoles.

Vortex

I bought Portal 2 and beat both the co-op and single player and it was one of the best games i've played.

qqchurch

Small note: there's a hidden room before the start of Chapter 7, the part where you team up with PotatOS, that contains the drydock for the Borealis. Remember that ship that Gordon and the Resistance were supposed to head to when HL: Episode 2 ended?

On another matter, I just love Portal for Portal. I don't really care how much Half-Life and Portal crossover on each other.

Although, it would be horribly OP to have the ASHPD and the (Super) Gravity Gun on the hands of one person...

P.S. Does the Emancipation Grill in Portal remind anyone of the Confiscation Beams (?) in HL2? Would it affect the Gravity Gun in any way if it would somehow pass through them?