Ping issues with Hotswap

GReaper

Grumpy
If you're having any issues on Hotswap, please follow the instructions in the diagnosing network related issues thread, and post the results here!

Not sure if there are any problems, but I've heard a few people moaning and not bothering to analyse the issue. Please post pingplotter results if you face problems.

Floks

I've been getting some packet loss, and occasionally one big spike. I usually just restart because it freezes for so long on the big spikes. I attached ping plotter.

Attachments

• HotSwap.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 17

GReaper

Grumpy
I've been getting some packet loss, and occasionally one big spike. I usually just restart because it freezes for so long on the big spikes. I attached ping plotter.

Did you actually have any issues ingame during this pingplotter? I only see 0.1% packet loss, highest ping reply of 73.

Floks

No, I'll keep running it in game till I do, but I dunno when the big spike will occur.

Edit: Also, DeadGuy, that's hilarious.

Bane

I've tried to use pingplotter with this address: hotswap.legionsoverdrive.com - [US] Hotswap #1 (L) but it apparently says that it is invalid.

Society

At first i wasn't lagging in the hotswap servers but idk after the clan tags i been having Severe lagg.

Attachments

• hotswap.legionsoverdrive.com.png
    hotswap.legionsoverdrive.com.png
    16 KB · Views: 9

Redvan

Private Tester
Bump. Noticing today some major prolonged ping spiking. Generally I have 28 ping to US Hawtswap, today, 50% of the time I played was at 150 ping. Just randomly decides to spike up to 150 ping and stay there for a few min before going back down. I noticed other generally low ping players (20-50 ping) were having the same issue.

If you're having this issue, please pingplot some results. I'm running a 10,000 sample right now.

Severance

Private Tester
Bump. Noticing today some major prolonged ping spiking. Generally I have 28 ping to US Hawtswap, today, 50% of the time I played was at 150 ping. Just randomly decides to spike up to 150 ping and stay there for a few min before going back down. I noticed other generally low ping players (20-50 ping) were having the same issue.

If you're having this issue, please pingplot some results. I'm running a 10,000 sample right now.
came here looking for anyone having similar issues. Earlier today my latency was up around 200 a couple times, looked in game and kept an eye and noticed others ping rising and falling. Going to run plotter now.

GReaper

Grumpy
A 1,000 packet sample is sufficient. It's important to run it whilst you're in-game and only post it if you've had problems during the game.

Pure4Pwnge

123.png

ISP: Comcast
Connection Type: DSL
Connected over: Wireless Card

Whenever I spike, it's always to 2000 or over, and my legions becomes unresponsive for a few seconds.

GReaper

Grumpy
The pingplotter result shows no packet loss, and your highest ping was 81.

Run it again and wait for problems to occur.

Abandoned

Freezing a lot in-game, also sometimes my rockets won't fire even though I'm hella sure I fired.

NZ, Auckland
iHug (Vodafone)
ADSL
Wireless Card
142sg2b.png

GReaper

Grumpy
Abandoned - you've got horrific ping/packet loss starting from your first hop. Try a wired connection to your router and see how it performs.

GReaper

Grumpy
Pure4Pwnge - a small amount of packet loss, but it's from your first hop. Try a wired connection to your router if possible and see how it performs.