Paul Walker...

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
...Died late Saturday. In a car crash....

I liked him, actually, sucks to see him go, but damn this *chocolate cookies* is ironic.

Defender

www.documentingreality.com

Quote:
The driver of the car has been identified as former race car driver Roger Rodas, 38, who was also Walker's financial adviser.

The pair were friends and had been racing for several years before they began collaborating on Walker's finances.

Rodas had helped Walker establish his Reach Out Worldwide charity, after creating his own foundation to support widows and orphans in his native El Salvador.

Walker, who leaves behind a 15-year-old daughter, was an investor in the Always Evolving car shop in Valencia, California.

While at the event, Walker and Rodas decided to take the Porsche GT out for a spin.

One witness, Jim Tort, who was at the event told the NY Daily News, Rodas' eight-year-old son tried to save his dad.

'I ran over afterwards, I was trying to find Roger's son.

'I found out his son had jumped the fence and gone over. He was trying to get his dad out.

Coroner Ed Winters said the bodies were so badly burned they would take days for them to be positively identified.

Witnesses at the crash scene posted a video of the scene on YouTube showing debris from the wreckage while emergency workers cordoned off the area. Photographs also show a burnt out shell of a car.

Friends of the star told a local newspaper they 'went through fire extinguishers' in a futile bid to fight the blaze that engulfed the car after the crash.

Antonio Holmes told the Santa Clarita Signal: 'We all ran around and jumped in cars and grabbed fire extinguishers and immediately went to the vehicle. It was engulfed in flames. There was nothing.

'They were trapped. Employees, friends of the shop. We tried. We tried.'

Holmes added: 'Him and his buddy, his brother in arms at heart just decided to joyride, take a spin. Something we all do. We’re all car enthusiasts...

'We’re all here driving, enjoying each other, and God must’ve needed help.

'When we saw Paul and Roger leave, Paul was the passenger in the vehicle. They both were experienced drivers.

'This was just a tragic accident that happened on a joyride,' said witness Jim Torp of Santa Clarita.

The Sheriff's Department said that speed was a factor in the crash.

The son of a fashion model and a sewer contractor, Walker grew up in a working class, Mormon Los Angeles household.

The oldest of five siblings, Walker's mother began taking him to auditions as a toddler.

He was a child model from the age of two and starred in a Pampers commercial when he was a toddler.

Last edited:

Royalty

The Aussie
It's a real shame he had to go so early, 40 yrs old, *dance* man.

He played my favourite character in all of the Fast and Furious movies, and like Pop I'm curious as to how they will progress without him.

More importantly, he seemed like a really nice guy off screen, and he did a lot to help those in need.

RIP Paul Walker.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
I really hope they don't kill him off in the series by having him die in a car crash.

Defender

They should just end the series, the effects are getting bigger and dumber looking in each new movie.
The first movie was the best, after that the effects guys came in and ruined it, jumping tanks, driving behind planes, dragging safes down the road.:rolleyes:
Next they will have Thor, show up and destroy the enemy cars...

They can easily replace Walker, get the blond guy, Charlie Hunnam, from Sons of Anarchy, star of Pacific Rim, have him be the younger brother of Walker who comes to join the team after his brothers tragic death in a street racing accident..;)

Charlie, would bring some real talent to the franchise, get rid of Vin, too.

Last edited:

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Depending on how much he filmed, they might still be able to include him in the movie with his head CGI'd into a vehicle. Seymour's not entirely sure how tasteful that choice would be, though.

Defender

I bet they have him kidnapped in the movie plot, never to be heard from again or maybe shot..
Having him die on the screen in a car crash would be to disrespectful..

gruesome

gruesome

Last edited:

Royalty

The Aussie
They should just end the series, the effects are getting bigger and dumber looking in each new movie.
This is sort of true, but the story line, in my opinion, keeps getting better and better with the revelation that Han's death was no accident (the guy who crashed into him did it on purpose).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to all of the upcoming F&F movies, provided the core cast doesn't change. Will never be the same without Walker though :(

stefygraff

Private Tester
hi

mandela1.jpg

Royalty

The Aussie
Please keep this thread on-topic, it isn't really one to joke in.

(glares at stefy, fissurez, xtreme) <- I wonder what they have in common...

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster

dude, calm down. you were too fast to get furious.
you might spin out of control and wrap yourself round a tree.

Last edited:

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century

Paul Walker was a funny guy, I am sure he wouldn't want people to be sad, he'd probably want them to remember funny stories and tell jokes and stuff.

#DIESELTIME