Packaging Mods?

graydoubt

I'm trying to override the flag sounds. It works as long as the patcher has run, but otherwise it'll invalidate those mp2 files and re-fetch them. So far I've written a batch file to overwrite the stored files after the patcher has run, but I figured there's probably a better way to do it.

I looked at modList.txt and thought maybe that file is consulted for paths to load resource from in a cascading way. So I tried to add the files with matching paths to live/mods/data/sound/game/CTF/Flag*.mp2, but that didn't work. Also tried live/mods/<my-mod>/data/sound/game/CTF/Flag*.mp2

Been searching for a post that outlines how mods can be wired in. It'd be a great if mods could be packaged as archives (a la .vl2 files) that could be dropped into /live/mods.

Is there anything in place already that I'm missing or is ghetto rigging this the only way for the moment?

Thanks!

GReaper

Grumpy
Currently unsupported, our priority was to bring the game back in a usable state, not to delay the launch so everything could be perfect for mods.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Those flag sounds rock though, modifiable game state should be next after the public release.