Pacino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jello

Contributor
Last map I made, didnt turn out to be well, (neither do all my maps but) I'm currently working on this one right now and although it thought it'd be done for second round competition it isnt :(but maybe the third round i'll enter it...What do you guys think? I took the thing in the middle from Nivosus but while moving I accidentally deleted it so I had to do it all over from scratch :( Legions 2013-07-26 02-21-55-24.jpgLegions 2013-07-26 02-21-29-57.jpgLegions 2013-07-26 02-21-44-55.jpg

Defender

I know a way to copy a large groups of structures or just a few structures from one mi‭ssion file to the next..

First make a back up of the mission file you want to copy from, so you can revert back after editing.. Now open the mission file with tribal IDE or some editor that counts the lines of code.
Mark the number down on a notepad, like 1235 or some thing that line at the bottom ends at..
Now run the game and load the map, highlight and copy a bunch the objects in the editor like some big bridge or a bunch of structures in one area,
Now move to an area out of the area you copyed from, and click past, they will all be recreated there..
Remove any spawnpoints you may have coped with them, click save the mission, exit the game, go back to the mission file, copy all the data below the line you marked down on the notepad, make sure you are below the last datablock before the line number.
Make a copy of your mission file first, in case you need it to start over later. Now copy all the new structure data to your new map mission file just below some structure data in you mission file, like the kind below, watch your code brackets, if you get a syntax err recheck where you added, make sure there are no double };
Save the changes to the mission file, exit, load the game up, if it loads your now ready to keep editing, in the editor.. This is tricky, but it works for me all the time, good luck...

Code:
new InteriorInstance() {
        canSaveDynamicFields = "1";
        Enabled = "1";
        Position = "611.893 1072.4 273.663";
        rotation = "0 0 1 77.9221";
        scale = "1 1 1";
        doDistanceFade = "0";
        startFadeDistance = "10";
        endFadeDistance = "500";
        teamIndex = "-1";
        interiorFile = "legions/data/interiors/bridges/rebar.dif";
        showTerrainInside = "0";
      };

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Would be nice to see a map put to live that didn't have a wall behind the base. Also you might want to make the stand a little more HoF-friendly, assuming the flag is in the center of the middle bridge (an actual floor).

Jello

Contributor
I know a way to copy a large groups of structures or just a few structures from one mi‭ssion file to the next..

First make a back up of the mission file you want to copy from, so you can revert back after editing.. Now open the mission file with tribal IDE or some editor that counts the lines of code.
Mark the number down on a notepad, like 1235 or some thing that line at the bottom ends at..
Now run the game and load the map, highlight and copy a bunch the objects in the editor like some big bridge or a bunch of structures in one area,
Now move to an area out of the area you copyed from, and click past, they will all be recreated there..
Remove any spawnpoints you may have coped with them, click save the mission, exit the game, go back to the mission file, copy all the data below the line you marked down on the notepad, make sure you are below the last datablock before the line number.
Make a copy of your mission file first, in case you need it to start over later. Now copy all the new structure data to your new map mission file just below some structure data in you mission file, like the kind below, watch your code brackets, if you get a syntax err recheck where you added, make sure there are no double };
Save the changes to the mission file, exit, load the game up, if it loads your now ready to keep editing, in the editor.. This is tricky, but it works for me all the time, good luck...

Code:
new InteriorInstance() {
        canSaveDynamicFields = "1";
        Enabled = "1";
        Position = "611.893 1072.4 273.663";
        rotation = "0 0 1 77.9221";
        scale = "1 1 1";
        doDistanceFade = "0";
        startFadeDistance = "10";
        endFadeDistance = "500";
        teamIndex = "-1";
        interiorFile = "legions/data/interiors/bridges/rebar.dif";
        showTerrainInside = "0";
      };
Thanks will do that now :)

Jello

Contributor
Should be a TDM map but still good job ;)
I was thinking along those lines as well, might make it TDM but it has a couple of routes that can make it ctf, I'll post video later so you guys can see and thanks and its also as big as nivo

Jello

Contributor
Video, theres a couple fails here and there :oops: :
Edit: I just realized this is a very horrible video, freaking youtube -_-...

Jello

Contributor
Would be nice to see a map put to live that didn't have a wall behind the base. Also you might want to make the stand a little more HoF-friendly, assuming the flag is in the center of the middle bridge (an actual floor).

What do you think should be in the back? Leave it blank or add a tower or something?(but that's in your opinion, might or might not add it )

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
I think the distance between the two bases is a little small. Also you could just put some terrain behind the base to make it back-route accessible. Also the middle reminds me a little too much of Nivosus. Not sure if we wand just a bigger version of it. Play around.

Jello

Contributor
I think the distance between the two bases is a little small. Also you could just put some terrain behind the base to make it back-route accessible. Also the middle reminds me a little too much of Nivosus. Not sure if we wand just a bigger version of it. Play around.

the map is as big as nivo really if possible, I'll make it 16 and see how it goes if it doesn't turn out well I'll turn it back to 8 but we'll see how 16 goes for now

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
We need more medium maps. If you have a map as small as this one, there is no real point of doing side routes when you can just spam front routes. The offense can just super jump and get to the opposite side in 1 second.

Jello

Contributor
We need more medium maps. If you have a map as small as this one, there is no real point of doing side routes when you can just spam front routes. The offense can just super jump and get to the opposite side in 1 second.

Gotcha, ill make it 16 then, gonna take alot more work now since I was almost done with it but since you came up with that idea ill turn it into 16, and make better/faster routes.

SNAKEOPS

Wouldn't it be faster paced when it's smaller? You got to have faster reflex/ lower response time to deal with incoming cappers.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
The bases are so close that a capper could overdrive grab the flag and toss it to the friendly base. And no, you need faster reflexes when you're trying to spot and block a back or side route on Zenith. Small sizes don't really promote completely intelligent gameplay. I want to see some more popular maps so I'm just telling you what I would do.

1. Maybe put the flag stand on a floor-ish structure.
2. Take away the wall and add terrain behind the base.
3. Make the bases farther apart.
4. Make the map medium-sized.
5. Maybe change around the middle so it doesn't exactly resemble Nivosus.
6. TOO MANY SNOW MAPS

Also to your previous question, you don't have to put anything in the back of the base. Just leave it blank.

Jello

Contributor
The bases are so close that a capper could overdrive grab the flag and toss it to the friendly base. And no, you need faster reflexes when you're trying to spot and block a back or side route on Zenith. Small sizes don't really promote completely intelligent gameplay. I want to see some more popular maps so I'm just telling you what I would do.

1. Maybe put the flag stand on a floor-ish structure.
2. Take away the wall and add terrain behind the base.
3. Make the bases farther apart.
4. Make the map medium-sized.
5. Maybe change around the middle so it doesn't exactly resemble Nivosus.
6. TOO MANY SNOW MAPS

Also to your previous question, you don't have to put anything in the back of the base. Just leave it blank.

I'm thinking of changing terrain, number 1 I might do, I already did number 2, I'm getting to number 3, already did number 4, and getting to number 5, and I'm thinking of making it a desert map

Wouldn't it be faster paced when it's smaller? You got to have faster reflex/ lower response time to deal with incoming cappers.

It would but Ucan is right, like Nivo for instance or Frostbyte, all it takes is one super boost and your at their base in no time, so it'd be best if you gave the chaser/capper a challenge by spacing out the bases and make it much more interesting for chasing and capping. In my opinion its annoying when bases are so close like that...

Jello

Contributor
Does this do? It's not an official terrain (waiting upon Defender, if he looks at it for me), but does this do? I might take the thing in the back out though....

Legions 2013-07-27 20-38-59-43.jpg
Legions 2013-07-27 21-57-40-73.jpgLegions 2013-07-27 21-57-49-53.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.