Pacific Rim

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
So I just saw Atlantic Wheels, er Racific Pim... er Pacific Rim.

HOLY *dance* OF ALMIGHTY AWESOME *dance* YEAH ROBOTS TAKING ON ALIENS AWESOMESAUSE!!

It was alright.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
It came out in third for the weekend... DM2 I can see as being a heavy hitter (first in US box office this weekend), but Grown Ups 2 getting 2nd.....

I hate my fellow Americans.

Application-1

test bester
I am going to watch it with a couple of friends tonight. I actually recommended it because everyon of legions ts3 says it good. It better be good.

Not the robot/mech/oversized aliens/gundam suit kind of guy, but even people like me say it's okay-good. It was made by Guillermo del Toro, so that is expected. He's one of the few directors that rarely - if ever - make a bad movie.

I recommend his other stuff to everyone. Pan's Labyrinth is said to be his best movie and Hellboy 1 & 2 are great comic book superhero movies.

Application-1

test bester
It was made by Guillermo del Toro, so that is expected. He's one of the few directors that rarely - if ever - make a bad movie.
I recommend his other stuff to everyone. Pan's Labyrinth is said to be his best movie and Hellboy 1 & 2 are great comic book superhero movies.

Never knew he made this movie actually. Pan's labyrinth is one of my favourite movies so really looking forward to it now.

OmniNept

Actionaut
I didn't mind it. Obviously didn't enjoy it as much as most, but I had trouble overlooking the COMEDIC SCIENTIST trope and some of the dumber design choices re: the mechs.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
meh, it was a movie about giant mechs punching giant monsters. I never cared to look at the faults, it was a hell of a lot more entertaining then White House Down, Lone Ranger, or Grown Ups 2. It did what it needed to, and nothing more. Thats pretty much the main reason I enjoyed it.

Arch

Legions Developer
Just saw it. IMO it just felt like an over-hyped episode of the Power Rangers, the dialog and story line were just awful. Not to mention the sub-par acting. But those visuals and sound effects were the *dancing* bee's knees. With that said I haven't really been too fond of Guillermo del Toro's films besides a select few (e.g. Pan's Labyrinth).