Overtime

Should a brief warmup be added to Overtime?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fixious

Test Lead
Overall OT seems like a great addition, though it's very sudden. A 10 second warmup might make things a bit less confusing for some, along with a message (where gameplay tips show up) stating that you're in OT.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
There is a message up top but it probably gets lost in the jumble happening at that time. I'll def add that description one for next update.

SNAKEOPS

Overall OT seems like a great addition, though it's very sudden. A 10 second warmup might make things a bit less confusing for some, along with a message (where gameplay tips show up) stating that you're in OT.

I voted yes, but wouldn't the whole game in itself be a warmup?

Fixious

Test Lead
I voted yes, but wouldn't the whole game in itself be a warmup?
No. If the game ends with a tie, overtime is announced and players are respawned / held in place for 10 seconds, then OT begins. This lets them know what's going on, and also makes things a bit more fair for each side. It's basically the same thing as when a game first starts and all players are frozen in place for 25 seconds, then the game begins.

This is how other games usually handle Overtime, including sports.

SNAKEOPS

No. If the game ends with a tie, overtime is announced and players are respawned / held in place for 10 seconds, then OT begins. This lets them know what's going on, and also makes things a bit more fair for each side. It's basically the same thing as when a game first starts and all players are frozen in place for 25 seconds, then the game begins.

This is how other games usually handle Overtime, including sports.

Got it, and it does make sense I suppose.

k e v i n

Private Tester
- I kind of like this idea....there should be a countdown for 10 seconds or even 5 seconds(similar to when a normal game starts) just some sort of countdown so that they can read the message that overtime has started
- and a more noticeable message stating that overtime is starting (maybe bigger font or something) because right now when overtime starts, you just start playing
- also, if a player joins the server, maybe there should be a message telling them they are in overtime (just so they know it's not a regular game going on)...maybe a 3 second message saying something like "game is currently in overtime")
- instead of the clock saying "+15:00" it can say "OT 15:00"

on a sort of side note, can the time for a regular game to start be cut down to 15 seconds or so, I just hate waiting for 25 seconds