Outcast or Shoreline v2?

Teddy945

I have Created two maps but I don't know which one to put into the competition. Outcast is a small map (Frostbyte Size) and I made improvements to my Shoreline map (smaller, lights, improved terrain, new flag stand) so the map is not as enormous as it previously was. I am unsure if Outcast is too small. Even though Outcast has the same amount of terrain as Frostbyte it feels smaller. Please give some opinions on the maps, are they ready? Needs more work? They both suck :p?... I personally like Outcast better.

DOWNLOAD LINKS ARE IN THE DESCRIPTIONS

Outcast:
Shoreline v2:

Shoreline has been updated and fixed... again. So now you can download it.

TitanG

I have Created two maps but I don't know which one to put into the competition. Outcast is a small map (Frostbyte Size) and I made improvements to my Shoreline map (smaller, lights, improved terrain, new flag stand) so the map is not as enormous as it previously was. I am unsure if Outcast is too small. Even though Outcast has the same amount of terrain as Frostbyte it feels smaller. Please give some opinions on the maps, are they ready? Needs more work? They both suck :p?... I personally like Outcast better.

Outcast:
Shoreline v2:
Pictures:
ShorelineV2_zps96b723ea.png.html

OutcastOverview_zpse5d99c60.png.html

ShorelineMidbase_zpsc56da473.png.html

OutcastMidbase_zps55d68d0f.png.html

ShorelineTower_zpsf74392d8.png.html

Outcasttower_zps06bf7a27.png.html

ShorelineHome_zps43bb3b55.png.html

OutcastHome_zpsc7e19fe9.png.html
Which one do you think legionairea will enjoy more? That's what I base most of my maps on, and also which one has the better factors such as skiing, routes, etc.

SNAKEOPS

Teddy, you're on the rise!

I seem to love both! But, I would have to honestly go for Outcast if I had to choose.

Edit: Fixious' suggestions may help us decide better.

SNAKEOPS

I put the files from Shoreline and Outcast folder into missions folder. Yet, the game doesn't load. It shows the name, but doesn't load.

loc

#1 Private Tester
Only had time to try Outcast so far. It's off to a great start. In my opinion there are too many large deep hills that take up too much space on the outer edges of the map. Also,if I remember right, Alpha side has a good starting point that runs to the right,other than that the starting points to the right and left are non existent unless you use the front hill all the time to head in any direction.
With a little tweaking it sure seems like it could be a lot of fun and I'm really liking the look of the terrain and the overall feel of the map,Keep it up!

Poponfu

Lead Developer
I put the files from Shoreline and Outcast folder into missions folder. Yet, the game doesn't load. It shows the name, but doesn't load.

If you dont want to add to prefs , drop them in the folder then load an existing map. Then use "Server::loadMission("legions/data/missions/GrassMap01.mis", "CTF")" replacing the name of the map with the custom one you want to check out.

SNAKEOPS

14ju7bn.jpg

This is the picture I will be referring to. A lot of downhills and uphills have this. To the right, you'll see where if you go down on that side, you're bound to lose a lot of health because it's not smooth. Same to the left, the angle is weird, it's not possible to go down left from there, and if you try to even go uphill to left, you'll hit that big mound at top. It's not smooth as outcast, where you're in contact with all of the ground when you want to be on the ground. In Shoreline, you'll hit bumps that send you into air a few inches up, and then takes your health a bit when you land.

jimmy325

In Shoreline, you'll hit bumps that send you into air a few inches up, and then takes your health a bit when you land.