Out of Options... please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I've had to change computers recently, and I'm having a hard time getting Legions to work on it. The game downloads & updates fine, but when I press play, (I'm using Launcher), I get an error message that reads: Legions.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. So basically, I can't get past the launcher. My system specs are: Mobo: MSI MS-7021 Ver:1 KT6V; CPU: AMD Athlon 64 2.2Ghz; GPU: nvidia GeForce 7600 GS (256 MB); Ram: 2GB, (available Ram 1.3GB); 80GB HDD, (63GB free space); Windows XP SP3 32bit ; .Net Frameworks 1.1, 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2, 3.5 SP1, 4.0 Client profile, 4.0 Extended & DirectX 9 all installed with latest updates. Internet Explorer 8, Adobe Flash, (both updated), No flags in Device Manager, & Sys Info shows no conflicts or problem devices. (Mobo & GPU also have latest updates). Same thing happens when I try to launch from Legions' Live folder. I've read both pages of Bug fixes & can't figure this one out myself. Any help would be much appreciated.

Need the CPU model number to confirm this one.
Sys Info states 2.2GHZ, As for model #, I can give you # on cpu: AMD Athlon AXDA2600DKV3D. AMDs' CPU support site states an AMD Athlon 2600 puts out 2.2Ghz, instead of 2.6. AMDs' kind of cheesy way to try to make their CPU's look faster than they really are for marketing purposes to keep up with Intels' faster processors at that time.

Sys Info states 2.2GHZ, As for model #, I can give you # on cpu: AMD Athlon AXDA2600DKV3D. AMDs' CPU support site states an AMD Athlon 2600 puts out 2.2Ghz, instead of 2.6. AMDs' kind of cheesy way to try to make their CPU's look faster than they really are for marketing purposes to keep up with Intels' faster processors at that time.
Sorry just double checked Sys Info. CPU speed 2.13Ghz.

GReaper

Grumpy
Looking at Wikipedia, it's an August 2002 CPU - an Athlon XP and not an Athlon 64.

I'm afraid Legions currently needs a CPU with SSE3 support, which is why our FAQ page has Athlon 64 as a bare minimum requirement for CPU.

Sorry, but you'll need a newer computer to play the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.