Once we get our own servers..... practice option, grenade machine, and flag machine....

We all like to practice things, from clan practice to just running around maps by ourselves. It would be cool to have a practice feature when we create our own games so we can have set mods we can do to help the every day teams. Who ever made the practice server will have the ability to promote and demote other players to admin, and the admins can do preset options to kick people, switch peoples teams, spawn the flags, reset map, change map, and spawn machines that only they can lift then deploy anywhere they choose. The server creator will be the super admin, with power over every other admin.

Have you ever wanted to practice your MA's by yourself? One way to do this now is by entering a random game and just start shooting grenades. It gets boring fast when you shoot at grenades that you already know where they will go....... but what if we could spawn/ pick up a grenade machine like they use for tennis players.

A machine that would shoot out grenades at random, we can adjust the speed, angles(90,180, and 360 degreese radious), frequency of shots, and distance. Maybe even include some preset settings for noobs, intermediate, and pro along with the ability to adjust stuff on your own. I might want to keep the same speed and distance, but have it come out at random angles. Let the admins mess with the settings on each machine seperately so you can have different teams of people. Please add a setting that lets grenades from this machine be shot by sniper =).

While I am at it... how cool would it be to have a machine that would shoot flags in the air for you to catch. Once you catch a flag it will just vanish and give you a flag point or something, fun for competitive games during practice with multiple people. If the flag hits the ground, it will vanish with a timer set by an admin on that machine. Multiple machines, split up teams of people with different settings. Now you can have a team trying to catch flags, and a team of people working on picking up flags on the ground with high speed od grabs.

Probably way out there, and if somene has already stated stuff like this, then you have good taste I am not trying to steal ideas. I like to see this idea come to life, but I realize it would probably be a very huge task.

Abandoned

Focusing on flagplay would be the main goal to practice so far.
As soon as deathmatch comes out, I'll be wanting to use these practising mechanisims :)

I don't think you can change that, you just live in another part of the world, but it would be cool to let admins of the practice server add ping or put ping back to normal. It would be most useful when trying to practice for a team on the other side of the puddle.

Prometheus

You could simulate variation of latency as well. Having latency fixed at 300 ms isn't a huge handicap if it's always 300, but randomly varying from 150-450 is quite a different story.

57thEnryu

when we get our own servers Id like to have targets to throw the flag at, something that will move around erratically and randomly to practice combat, and another thing that will travel along set prerecorded paths from our base to the other to practice chasing. that's relatively simple to make, right?

Adding latency is possible.
He said Adding not Removing
you can't just make electricity move faster :D but you can make a delay or something
if you could do that every developer would have done that already and you would find that in every multiplayer game and everybody would have a 10-15 ping :D

Propkid

+1
Oh how many times have I had people asking me "hey can you teach me to MA?"
Though I'm not so much for dedicating a whole SERVER for this atm, so yes only once we get our own servers :]

57thRomance

Maybe we could use these servers for one-on-one personal training like Shade once suggested. Uber players could train newbies to become better players in the private servers. Personally, if I ever needed training, I'd like a female trainer with a soft, soothing voice ^_^