No advertisement?

SkyCapz

How come you guys use your resources, and valuable time on adding new weapons, and cores, and etc, but don't advertise Legions?

I don't know what your ToS was with IA, but the development team should try to advertise Legions, so that it gets popular.

*dance* IA, and Im happy you guys picked this game up, I love it a lot.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
It costs lots of money to do anything official and this is a free project still. I am all for the community doing something about it but you should be aware what happened during TA weekened a few months ago: Advertising is sweet but if a influx of players finds empty servers it can do more harm than good even if overall they like the game lots.

To me this has always been a problem. Cant fill servers without players.. and cant get lots of new players without full servers all the time. The TA weekend should have solved this but it was not enough or needed a scheduled time. Personally I think the best thing would be a tournament with a significant prize pool , that would bring a more sustained effort to people practicing all hours again and sorta hit at the conundrum mentioned above.

Last edited:

Jaymyster

significant prize pool

I just want to highlight this as the primary differentiation from other tournaments we've had, which makes it far more relevant in increasing our player-base. Actually, I'm quite sure if there were a legitimate sign up list of committed players to a tournament of a significant enough prize pool (so there is assurance in participation due to incentive) that legions could very well have potential to grab attention of much more gamers that are playing other games of the FPS-Z genre. I'd also imagine that there would be a minimum required amount of committed players on the list for this to actually be carried out as well.

Although I'm aware that this idea is completely reliant on whether or not the money is there, I also do believe that this idea is most likely one of the last-ditch efforts this game could have for population growth (especially because it doesn't conflict with advertising legality... I think?), and thus should grab the attention of those seeking to contribute to efforts toward growing our community for perhaps the last time.

or should Jaymyster just shut up and wait so those players can go to Z...

Last edited:

SkyCapz

Is it possible to put the game on steam? Or does the ToS prevent such a thing?

I'm devastated and relieved.

Devastated that such an amazing game with such a loyal fan base was let down by IA
Relieved that is hasn't died.

Just wish we could get it populated again, and on a browser. Steam is really popular. I would like to thank all the developers, and everyone else on the project for picking it up =]