New sodding flag model please?

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Stick and stuffing. Enryu won't be happy about that one. Back to topic, I still stand by the hologram fail-ag (I don't want to say falg, so instead, a mix between fail and flag, since it doesn't wave and that's what flags do) The fail-ag is more indicative of the time frame, the future. The light gives it good visibility and there's a real flag on the HUD, what more could you want?

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
Stick and stuffing. Enryu won't be happy about that one. Back to topic, I still stand by the hologram fail-ag (I don't want to say falg, so instead, a mix between fail and flag, since it doesn't wave and that's what flags do) The fail-ag is more indicative of the time frame, the future. The light gives it good visibility and there's a real flag on the HUD, what more could you want?

maybe a cool light trail from the stick? especially when it is thrown.

and maybe being able to kill enemies with it if you collide with them by using the stick to stab 'em. (lol)

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
maybe a cool light trail from the stick? especially when it is thrown.

and maybe being able to kill enemies with it if you collide with them by using the stick to stab 'em. (lol)
The light trail would be awesome, and make catches easier. Also, you don't need to stab with the flag to kill in collisions. Have you ever gotten the death message "[player] learned something about overdrive from [other player]"?

Gheist

King of all Goblins
[...] Also, you don't need to stab with the flag to kill in collisions. Have you ever gotten the death message "[player] learned something about overdrive from [other player]"?
Sadly, that message has absolutely nothing to do with collisions.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
The light trail would be awesome, and make catches easier. Also, you don't need to stab with the flag to kill in collisions. Have you ever gotten the death message "[player] learned something about overdrive from [other player]"?

i know about that, but it's weak, very damaging to the player and stupid if you are using it as an offensive tactic.

what i was (not seriously) talking about was killing someone instantly if you collided while holding the flag/falg/whateverstick. effectively a melee weapon, as volt said.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
I know, and I thought the death message had everything to do with collisions, gheist. When somebody, say 57thplayer, was in overdrive and plowed through somebody, say mausgang, and mausgang died, then the death message would be "Mausgang learned something about overdrive FROM 57thplayer" When you die from OD OD (overdrive overdose) you "learned something about overdrive" This happened to me once, I remember it quite clearly. Also, at 7 fissurez, attacking people with the flag period is a bad idea. Halo thought it was a good idea, but I don't see the benefit.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
mausgang: If you blow up due to ODing, you're dealing splashdamage. If that kills someone, you get the message that you posted above. No collision involved at all. Believe me, I'm right.

Now, back to flag models.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
Off topic: Body blocking however, can kill. Like smoking.

On topic: I'm not sure a cloth flag would be the best, but hey, if you guys are developing something, I'm always interested, even if I don't end up liking it.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Yes, if there could be some sketched-out ideas for a new flag/failag (if there are any ideas for the development of a new one) put up on the forums and have a vote, that would be cool. I will still stand by my arguments against a cloth flag.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
As would I. Question for the developers, is there a way for somebody to create their own flag model that they would see when they play, but nobody else would? If so, then the cloth flag people can have theirs and not have to look at the failag. (Even though I call it the failag, I think its win.)

I realy liked the metal stick of the old days, because if we replaced it with floppy cloth, it just wouldn't be so fun to play with. :(

but seriously, why would people be able to fly at 200+ mph, build weapons that fire amazing beams of energy, have armor that can take a rocket to the face and survive, but still use a stupid square of cloth to represent their nation?

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
but seriously, why would people be able to fly at 200+ mph, build weapons that fire amazing beams of energy, have armor that can take a rocket to the face and survive, but still use a stupid square of cloth to represent their nation?

Maybe cloth has become a rare and wonderful commodity. The flag is even more special because it is made of silk (so smooth against bare skin).

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
As would I. Question for the developers, is there a way for somebody to create their own flag model that they would see when they play, but nobody else would? If so, then the cloth flag people can have theirs and not have to look at the failag. (Even though I call it the failag, I think its win.)

Not really, it would cause issues with the game as different people would have different sized flags, making it easier or more difficult to catch...

BeefThief

Beefy Member
Not really, it would cause issues with the game as different people would have different sized flags, making it easier or more difficult to catch...
I don't think so. The flag model would have a boundary where if a player penetrates the boundary he/she would pick up the flag. Changing the flag model would most likely not change said boundary.