New sodding flag model please?

Zhou

Private Tester
Obviously its not going to be first release, but is there any chance we could finally say goodbye to the stick?

Even the stick with hologram wasn't exactly a massive improvement.

There are other issues involved with the flag model ([fawlty towers]don't mention the scale![/fawlty towers]), but I'm still hoping for an actual flag with an obvious and immediately recognisable outline at some point, cloth physics or no :p.

Mabeline

God-Tier
Obviously its not going to be first release, but is there any chance we could finally say goodbye to the stick?

Even the stick with hologram wasn't exactly a massive improvement.

There are other issues involved with the flag model ([fawlty towers]don't mention the scale![/fawlty towers]), but I'm still hoping for an actual flag with an obvious and immediately recognisable outline at some point, cloth physics or no :p.

Oh so you didn't like my holoflag? Well fine screw you.

The biggest (hurrr) issue is the fact that anything big enough to be seen from a distance is hyooge, but I'll bother some people about it.

ikke2902

You don't know what you're missing!

But yes, as nice as the stick was most of the time, a real flag would be interesting. ;)

It's a futuristic world with many wars. I think that the stick is better than a normal flag as we know.
That super stick is undestructable!
hmm, why don't we (as legions player) have the same pantser like the stickflag :eek:

lawl :p

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Its been a while, so I don't remember, but if the flag is thrown, does it hover or does it just kinda sit there, somehow upright? If it hovered like 8 inches off the ground, that would logically justify why its upright and would make it more visible...

57thEnryu

Its been a while, so I don't remember, but if the flag is thrown, does it hover or does it just kinda sit there, somehow upright? If it hovered like 8 inches off the ground, that would logically justify why its upright and would make it more visible...
it kind of hovers over the ground, not that far off it though.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Idk... Maybe it should have some sort of spinning motion mechanic or something... Let's say that if you throw it, little propeller like arms come out and spin round it. When the flag times out, have the arms glow and then envelop the thing in a glow and just put it back on the platform. That seems more logically sound than a magic vertical stick.