New Hand Grenadas

57thRomance

Hmm... I do wonder... what is the acceleration of gravity in Legions? And maybe we should have a physics thread like the math one. Might as well have a thread for every school subject and put them all under a subforum so that the community can nerd rage, as well as chip in and do everyone's homework for each other.
Oh, and also, this guy is the god of all science. Not even Mabel can outsmart him, and not even Seymour can beat his manliness. Everything I learned in all my good science classes, I learned... from my good man Bill Nye :cool:
nye.gif

Now that all my informalities are out of the way...

On-topic: Realistically, acid grenades would have no effect on Legionaires, considering the armor they wear. Maybe outriders... or female outriders if we get female models...

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
suggesting grenades, what about one the attacks the jets energy instead of health? (also at the expence of losing grenade jump)
and what about a velocity grenade? one that did no damage, and pushed enemies away? (this would not explode when hit by your rocket, to prevent silly grenade jumps)

skypredator

I sketched a bit in French class and designed a few new grenade designs and a design for a rail/gauss gun. I still think that a CDD (CPU Disabling Device) is a feasible idea in place of the 5 hand grenades you receive with each spawn/reload. I don't know about the rest of you, but I rely heavily on my HuD. Temporarily disabling the HuD by means of a new weapon would be a total game-changer, IMO.

Siantlark

how about one that attacked how your weapons and HUD worked? a sort of EMP grenade?
So a confusion nade? It could work but people could probably mod the code so the actual grenade does nothing on the premise that "We want to reduce lag" (Which does have actual merits but most people will probably use it to cheat.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
[...] but people could probably mod the code so the actual grenade does nothing on the premise that "We want to reduce lag" [...]
Your "resident Gheist" is here to ask you: Whuoat?

You mean just like the people that mod the code so the actual rocketlauncher does double damage? Or like the people that mod the code so the actual chaingun has umlimited ammo? Or maybe you mean like the people that mod the code so that their actual jets only consume half the energy? Yeah, see them all the day...

Or in other words, that stuff is server-side. A "HUD grenade" that would shut down your HUD elements would be too.

Siantlark

Oh really? I thought it would be something that you could take out like the fog in some games. And I did say probably.

On the topic of grenades, not everyone relies heavily on their HUD, so I don't think that would be a good idea. I'd rather have the normal frag grenades we see now since everyone relies on their health, and it just makes more sense.

It was also never specified how thick the armor of a character is, nor if it's steel, so let's not make more assumptions now!

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
I don't know about the rest of you, but I rely heavily on my HuD. Temporarily disabling the HuD by means of a new weapon would be a total game-changer, IMO.
You might want to check out one of RockeyRex's scripts - it toggles your HUD. As Fire noted, a HUD disruptor wouldn't do that much (unless a radar was implemented into Legions, but even then...) I think an EMP-esque grenade is still the best idea, as it could kill your jets or stop your Overdrive.
Again, noting what Fire said, seeing as you haven't written the lore for Legions, making assumptions about what the armor is made of is a little silly.
Another cool grenade could be a sort of damage over time grenade (napalm? magma?).

DMGED

Class based nades, please.

I wouldn't suggest giving any type of weapon which impairs mobility to everyone. That just smells like spam. But if the right class was in the right place, he/she should be able to shine .

Also, I like Piggeh's idea about a damage over time nade. But, to expand upon it, I think a nade which makes a big enough portion of the ground untouchable (Magma or napalm, for instance) would be awesome. I haven't been playing long but I can't even count the number of times I ski past two or three enemies standing on a hill and wish I could do more than send a rocket at them. A ground-disabling nade could also turn the tables during a duel.

Oh, and female models. I want to be a chick, dude. Come on.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
With the EMP nade, taking away the jetpack energy would be the most effective use of it. A HUD scrambler wouldn't make much sense, but taking away jetpack energy would be one way to cripple snipers and chasers on the offense side, and stop cappers in their tracks, or at least watch them skid to a halt and be greeted by the Base Welcoming Commission.

A grenade that snipers would find helpful would be a big boom 'nade, since its either a) impossible or b) bloody bloody difficult to get a combo with the CG or LR.